Houston Airport (Bush) - Hotel transportation to port

1st_cruise

Flying into Bush airport trying to find a hotel where I can get transportation to the port without renting a car. Don't care if I spend the night in Houston or Galveston.
It would be best to go into Galveston for a cost of $100-$150 for direct service and not having to ride around for two -three hours picking up other people.:)

Flying into IAH 1 day before New Year's eve Triumph sailing. Exhausted all options before taking a stab at rental car via priceline. 5 day rental for $123. Looking at hotels w free parking, or $30 at the pier. Either way, even after filling tank, will be less expensive than limo/taxi, and about the same as ccl transfer. Will have the car to explore and do the typical pre-cruise errands.

If I had known how much trouble it is to get to Galveston I would never have booked the cruise. We are leaving on Magic New Years Day and flying into IAH the night before. We can't fly to Hobby from our state so that wasn't an option. Couldn't rent a car because there are no agencies open in Galveston on Sunday. I have a car from Super Shuttle arranged, but the airlines have changed our flight times twice and each time I have had to cancel the car and rebook. So much easier leaving from Florida!

If I had known how much trouble it is to get to Galveston I would never have booked the cruise.

I agree with you. We booked a back to back for next year and have been having a devil of a time figuring out how to get from the airport to the hotel. Our hotel has free parking so almost decided to drive the 14 hours to get there but instead we're flying into IAH, renting a limo for $135 one way then using the Carnival shuttle back to airport upon return. Think I'll be switching to a different port unless I just have to go out of Galveston.

Joyce

Archived