Port of Miami check-in

stargate fan

In the terminal picture, above, see the counter area left-center where all the people are clumped around? Those are where the health forms are.

I really don't think you can be given a S&S card without it.

If that area is where the health forms are I can attest that on our Valor sailing 8/28 that area was not there.

We never filled them out and no one mentioned we needed one when we got our S&S cards.

Perhaps there are no current health issues to have a need for them. :confused:

Yup.

I'd rather sit in the port building, watch people, and see the ship through the wall of glass than sit in my hotel room. By the time you've embarked, we've already taken pictures of most of the ship, had our first Kiss on the Lips, and really started our vacation.

So, explain to me what's the difference between arriving at 9AM and sitting there for 2 1/2 hrs, and getting there at 11AM.

I would prefer to avoid the big crowds, but I don't want to wait for hours in the terminal. I don't have to check out of my hotel until 11AM. How early do I really need to be there to avoid the big crowds? Would anyone suggest arriving later? ;)

I'm not sure if things have changed since May 2010, that is when I used the self serve kiosk in Miami. Anyhow, we scanned our passports & checked in at the machine, then went up to the desk to get our S&S cards.

Do you NEED to have a passport to use the kiosk? We are sailing with driver's licneses and birth certificates. Is there a way to enter that info into the kiosk or do we need to see a person for those documents?

So, explain to me what's the difference between arriving at 9AM and sitting there for 2 1/2 hrs, and getting there at 11AM.

Riddle me this, Batman - how long of a wait do you have to embarkation by getting to the port at 11:00?

I would prefer to avoid the big crowds, but I don't want to wait for hours in the terminal. I don't have to check out of my hotel until 11AM.

Hotel rooms are boring. There's nothing to see except terrible TV shows. I can watch TV at home. I've enjoyed myself by meeting fellow cruisers and talking with the Carnival personnel.

How early do I really need to be there to avoid the big crowds? Would anyone suggest arriving later? ;)

By the time embarkation begins, the big crowds are behind us. :p

Archived