CCL coral gardens & stingray sandbar vs. reef n' rays tour

caribbean_soul

It's much cheaper to do these excursions on your own. You also sometimes get a better experience, since the cruiseline excursions are more crowded.

I will be visiting Stingray City on 10/5/11. We booked with Frank's Watersports. The excursions start at $30 per person for a 2.5 hour trip. The package I purchased was $35 per person. It's a 3-hour excursion with snorkeling at Stingray City and Tropical Fish Gardens. All of the excursions include RT transportation to/from the pier and/or Seven Mile Beach. The packages also include rum punch (or fruit punch), snacks, and fish food.

I'll post a review once we get home, but the other reviews I've read on this company have all been favorable and the price seems to be the best value around.

http://www.frankswatersports.ky/tours-rates.html

Many people on CC give great reviews for Nativeway and Captain Marvin's. They both seem like similar tours to the one I selected. I chose Frank's because it's the cheapest of the companies that receive great reviews.

Just make sure that whichever company you go with won't charge you if your port gets cancelled due to bad weather. Frank's didn't even make me leave a credit card to secure our reservation.

Archived