When snorkeling...

springdal

Where do you put your personal things when out snorkeling if you are doing it on your own? Money, ID, cruise card, etc. Are there places to put stuff or does anyone know of something that can be purchased to carry these items into the water? Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks

I purchased an Aquapac from LL Bean and it's great. You wear it around your neck in the water and everything stays dry. I have the small one but only credit card sized items can fit in there. I folded up money to fit in - also keys will fit. Passport will not fit - you would need the large size.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/search?startRec=1&numWanted=20&loggedIn=0&page_type=&hotBG=0&searchTerms=aquapac

For guys, Speedo brand swim trunks come with a heavy plastic pouch with a zip-lock top that is attached to a string fastened inside a pocket of the trunks. My husband carries our money, ID's, credit card, etc. in the pouch....sometimes a little water seeps in, so a zip-loc bag within the pouch might be helpful. Othwise I know there are internet vendors who offer waterproof belts or pouches.

Archived