Transportation from puerto caldera to monteverde or manuel antonio.

madelineKen

Can anyone recommend ground transportation from the cruise ship pier to my hotel in Monteverde or Manuel Antonio? I do not wish to rent a car. I am having a lot of trouble trying to find this out. Grayline has a private transfer but costs over $200. Thanks.

Which place do you need to get to from the port? Monteverde and Manuel Antonio are nowhere near each other and they are in opposite directions from the port.

Ordinarily I would recommend getting a rental car even though they can be quite expensive in Costa Rica. Since your hotels are so far apart and Caldera is not often used by cruise ships (it is an industrial port) it has few/no cruiser friendly amenities and no rental car companies located within walking distance. I would definitely arrange something before you arrive. Contact your hotel and ask their recommendation. They may have a driver that will pick you up cheaper than hiring a taxi. I would also talk with your hotels to arrange the transfer between the two. Expect it to not be cheap. Even though the distance is not great by US standards the roads to Monteverde are narrow & twisty so travel is slower than you might expect.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived