Best of Cayman city tour question

CSKoehler

A group of 4 of us will be arriving in Cayman Island on October 21st and would like to find a private tour of the island that will take us to the Turtle Farm & Hell plus any other points of interest. The cruiseline just raised their prices by $5pp make the total for 4 almost $220. Is there a local tour operator who can provide this? Thanks!

You definately want to go with Native Way Water Sports.... They have the best Island Tour..We have taken their tours several times and its always been a BLAST!!!.. SHARON and (I think he is her husband) Eldon are wonderful people.. The kids were kinda crankie that day were in Cayman and I tell you Mr. Eldon had them eating out of his hands during the whole Island Tour (this man really should be a school teacher). I think their prices are reasonable. It was for sure a great value for my family. Check them out and let me know what you think.

You definately want to go with Native Way Water Sports.... They have the best Island Tour..We have taken their tours several times and its always been a BLAST!!!.. SHARON and (I think he is her husband) Eldon are wonderful people.. The kids were kinda crankie that day were in Cayman and I tell you Mr. Eldon had them eating out of his hands during the whole Island Tour (this man really should be a school teacher). I think their prices are reasonable. It was for sure a great value for my family. Check them out and let me know what you think.

Thanks for your advice! None of us want to do any water sports though - just the turtle farm and Hell plus maybe a few other spots. Any other ideas would be appreciated!!

Cayman in a Nutshell seems to offer slightly more advantageous pricing for similar tours:

http://www.caymaninanutshell.com/index1.htm

The 1/2 day tour to the Turtle farm, Hell and the Guv's House is $30 pp.

$79 for what seems to be a really comprehensive tour with a stop at Sting Ray City and the turtle farm, Hell, etc...needs 7 day advance reservation though, otherwise $99 pp.

Never used them and Cayman Safari (another island tour) is $95 pp for their tour of the East End, so may be worth a shot.

Thanks for your advice! None of us want to do any water sports though - just the turtle farm and Hell plus maybe a few other spots. Any other ideas would be appreciated!!

We had the same problem when we were the a couple of years ago. Nativeways island tours included water sport type activities with them. At that time we weren't able to book just an island tour with them. Maybe things have changed. We ended up doing the ship's excursion as we couldn't find an independent operator before we left. However, there are taxi drivers when you get off the tender and you could most likely hire one of the drivers cheaper than you could do your ship's tour.

We had the same problem when we were the a couple of years ago. Nativeways island tours included water sport type activities with them. At that time we weren't able to book just an island tour with them. Maybe things have changed. We ended up doing the ship's excursion as we couldn't find an independent operator before we left. However, there are taxi drivers when you get off the tender and you could most likely hire one of the drivers cheaper than you could do your ship's tour.

Thank you for the great advice - we too have been there many times and done the taxi tour but my friends, who is cruising with us, has not. The whole purpurse of this cruise is to go to Grand Cayman and the turtle farm for them. With my luck high winds or storms will prevent us from going there. I think we'll just book an excursion with the ship to calm her fears. I feel like I'm cruising with a child instead of a 50 something. We leave for FLA in 2 weeks!! Only 44 here this morning so looking forward to so warm, salty air!

Archived