St. Maarten - America's Cup Yacht

Stant96

I went to the Carnival website and was perusing shore excursions for St. Maarten. It listed a sailing excursion on one of three America's Cup yachts. However, when I logged in there was no such excursion listed. Does this mean that it is full or is it no longer offered?

Has anyone taken this excursion in the past? Thoughts/Comments.

Happy Sailing!!!

I took part in 2003. A wonderful experience. The three boats hold a total of 25-30 people. As such it may either be totally booked or otherwise unavailable. Should the excursion become available, please be aware you're given various "duties" aboard the boats [which have been modified so they are all equally fast]. Some of those "duties" are very strenuous.

Back a few years a bunch of us (just down in St Maarten for vacation not on a cruise) went on the Canada II -- a 12-meter yacht that actually raced in the Americas cup. It was fabulous.

The way they did it was everyone took a turn at all the tasks on board -- including a turn at the helm. Incredible boats.

I would do it again in a nanosecond.

Enjoy!

CTMak

Thanks to all. I would love to do this. I always watch the races when they are on. Anyone recall the cost? I will make sure to go straight to the excursion desk as soon as I step foot on the boat...well maybe after lunch.

This has been my favorite excursion to date. It was a blast! :D :D I didn't do it through Carnival, though but through Royal Caribbean. I just wanted to watch, so I was "queen of the cooler"! My dad and brother had much harder jobs than I did. I have some photos in my webshots album (see link below) under Mariner of the Seas.

Laura :)

Archived