Is Grand Turk Divers next to Port?

Karlie1

:cool: Is GTD within walking distance from Port (can't find on Google Earth)? I read somewhere that it is just to left of Port. If this is true, wouldn't they save time and money to use(Taxi etc.) vs Blue Water Divers etc. Tripadvisor gives very good reviews of GTD. We will be there Dec 15 on Liberty and need 2 more for snorkel trip!! Thanks:)

This is from an email I recently received from them. Looks like you only need to get a cab one way. Hope this helps!:D

"You would need to take a cab to our shop which is located at the corner of Duke and James Streets, across from the Osprey Beach Hotel. Cabs are lined up in the cruise center parking lot and the ride costs $5/person and takes about 5 minutes. We can drop you off on the beach just North of the cruise center after diving if you like. "

I looked on Google earth. I found pictures of Osprey Hotel and map of area. Corner of Duke and James shows a small building but does not tell what it is. Thanks for info. I read some reviews about the Ospret, I guess $10 taxi ride would be worth the visit to town.

I emailed GTD last night about where they are located. I got a reply this morning. They have 2 location, the North location is by the Osprey Hotel ($5 PP taxi) and the South location is near the cruise terminal. The South is left or North of the pier about 1000 ft, The South location is where you meet for the snorkel tours (walking distance). The boat they use is a Carolina Skiff 2480DLX, it is the sister ship of the boat used on their website.

This sure makes it easier for me to take a snorkel trip with little wasted time and effort. I will be going on GTD on Dec 15 this year from the Liberty. I need at least 2 more people. :cool:

Archived