Summit Waterfall Grill Question

rge

Yes, it is casual table service dining at night & they DO prefer reservations, but it is not mandatory! They also serve Sushi up there almost every evening except the first & last nights if I remember correctly! They will also have a pasta, pizza etc station open.

rge

If it was your brother in law I could understand the not wanting to dress formally because formal or informal it is a jacket and tie but women have so many options. You will see a lot of women in a pair of nice black slacks with a fancy blouse (usually sequined) and flats. They are dressed appropriately (sequins does it!) Personally I have worn dressy slacks or a floor lenght dress with flats because I have arthritis in my knees and can't wear heels. My dress slacks outfit is just as comfortable

as a pair of casual slacks and actually my long dress is even more so (more as dress doesn't bind your stomach when you try all those wonderful dishes)

Dressing up doesn't mean uncomfortable or expensive. I have what I call my formal cruise dresses. Packable, don't wrinkle, and best of all bought off the sale rack one for $25 and one for $12. Both from major department stores. This time of the year is a good time to shop as department stores are getting rid of their Holiday fancy clothes!

You will miss an important part of the Celebrity experience if you skip dinner especially if you can work around the concerns

Hope this helps but in any case enjoy your cruise

Is the Waterfall Grill open evenings for casual dining (buffet)?

Thanks

She'll have several dining options:

Casual Dining Boulevard (aka Waterfall Grill, 10 Aft)

3:00pm ~ 1:00am Pasta and Pizza Bar

6:00pm ~ 10:00pm Sushi Bar

6:00pm ~ 10:00pm Casual Dining (Make reservations 2:00pm ~ 5:30pm)

Casual dining is a sit-down / menu event. Menu not same as main dining, and slightly more limited. $2/pp tipping is requested, charged to your shipboard account. Reservations recommended.

Aquaspa Café

Noon ~ 8:00pm Lunch and Dinner

Interesting and varied flavors, good fresh fruit. Many foods available upon request.

Thanks, my sis-in-law is going with us and she refuses to dress formally, .

I have often wondered what makes a person dislike so much getting dressed up on a rare occasion. I can understand a preference for casual wear, but a vehement refusal to join in the festivities and the theme of formal night I just have never understood. Being a "live and let live" kinda gal, I accept that it is their perrogative, but I honestly have to admit, I don't understand it.

Teri

Thanks all for the info. I went ahead and booked 3/26 to Hawaii in a balcony on Penthouse deck. The sis-in-law loves to cruise, just doesn't like dressing up. For myself, I don't care about the dining much anymore, I think the food tastes pretty much the same (good to very good) on all the mass market ships nowadays. As long as I'm at sea I'm happy!

We were on the Mercury in '99 to Alaska and loved the Celebrity experience.

Thanks

just got back from summit- my sis and bro in law had the stateroom attendant bring the entire meal to their room and they ate on the veranda. they said they werent feeling well but they basically didnt feell like dressing up and wanted to stay in .;)

Archived