Ice Tea!

Buckeyefan

I just want to say that I love Ice Tea. However, the ice tea on the glory last week was pretty hard to drink. Do they brew this, buy it prepackaged or is it instant. I wondered if mixing the lemonade with the ice tea would make it better. Any ideas?

Kathleen

Guest Time2gocruzn

yeah...it was pretty gross on our cruise. WAY TOO STRONG, not just a little strong but STRONG. lol. I think it is the concentrate kind but it tasted like they forgot to add water. I love tea too, but my entire cruise I would get half a glass of water and then add the tea and it would be MUCH better that way.

Or do like my DW does and get (or order) hot tea and a glass of ice. She uses the tea-bag and makes the hot tea, then just pours it over ice - voila! Fresh Iced Tea.

My DH did this in a Nalgene bottle everyday at the coffee area on the Lido. Put tea bags in his bottle and filled it half way with the hot water, let it steep then filled it the rest of the way with ice. They have fresh lemon right there, too. :)

I have always heard the tea on the ship is nasty.... so, here is what I do... don't get the tea that is mass brewed... yuk! If you go to one of the bars, they have a special brand of tea they will make fresh, right at the bar... Apparently it is a Long Island recipe... it's very tasty and will quench your thirst.. they also have one in a Mexican variety... actually, after having several of these, everything tastes better... it's amazing!!! :p

Have you ever gone to someones house or a Restaurant where you did not like the Tea........it's sorta the same thing......just doctor it up to your taste.

You could even use Tea Bags provided on the ship then add ice......

Now.....that Long Island Ice Tea Idea sounds sorta good also.....;)

First cruise on the Glory 3/12-3/19, I guess everything as far as food and drink are subjective. Everyone has their own particular likes and dislikes, so I feel everyone needs to make their own judgment on things and not necessarily accept others opinions. I personally thought most everything was just fine, if not I didn't have it again. Like people say 'Any Cruise is better than being at home' (in the snow and cold in my case) and it's great not having to think about what to cook for meals or have to clean it up after!! We had a SUPER time and will do it again!

My understanding is that 1 company in the world supplies the type of beverage dispenser that cruise lines use to be compliant with the CDC guidelines. The problem, the same company is the ONLY supplier of the tea mix. It is horrible, taste like poorly brewed sun tea on it's best day.

LIITs are always a great alternative as it forgoing tea all together and stick to the fruit punch with some smuggled rum!!:p

That's a shame to hear about the ice tea. I really am an ice tea drinker, and never drink sodas. I have been looking forward to sipping tea by the pool. Guess I'll have to ask for tea bags and make my own as well.

I also in the morning at breakfast make my own tea from the tea bags using hot water but then getting a lot of ice. It is great and they will even help you. I even got my waiter on another line to make it for me at dinner every night. He got paid very well for helping.

I have always heard the tea on the ship is nasty.... so, here is what I do... don't get the tea that is mass brewed... yuk! If you go to one of the bars, they have a special brand of tea they will make fresh, right at the bar... Apparently it is a Long Island recipe... it's very tasty and will quench your thirst.. they also have one in a Mexican variety... actually, after having several of these, everything tastes better... it's amazing!!! :p

LMAO...yup...it even helps the cold hamburgers, on the Lido Deck, taste better.....:o

And let us not forget that Quinine (with a little bit of gin and a slice of lime) helps with the symptoms of malaria. Very important in the tropical climates...*nodding sagely*...you must keep the malaria under control!

Using the hot tea and then pouring it over ice will also help those of us that love sweet tea. I am picky about my tea and plan on taking tea bags with me. I make the hot tea, add the sugar so that it will melt (sugar doesn't melt well in cold liquds) and then pouring it over ice. A nice glass of sweet tea by the pool sounds great right now!!! I can't wait!

Yes, lay the sugar to it while it's hot!! That's called "sweet tea" down here in the south and it is dddddddelicious!!!!

Don't matter how good the tea is on the ship, it will not be "sweet tea", so I just stick to water with lemon, or lemonade with vodka, or tea with vodka, or water with vodka, or just plain Jack Daniels or anything with alcohol!!! Beats the tea everytime!!

That's a shame to hear about the ice tea. I really am an ice tea drinker, and never drink sodas. I have been looking forward to sipping tea by the pool. Guess I'll have to ask for tea bags and make my own as well.

There are plenty of tea bags available at the coffee stations on the Lido deck. ;) You can also take your own if you have a special kind of tea you use at home. The nalgene bottles are available at Kmart and Target now in the camping/outdoor sections in a variety of sizes. :)

Along these same lines, I take Folger's coffee singles with us when we travel. The coffee is never strong enough on the ships so I make my own while DH makes his tea.

HTH

DH and I take along Lipton Cold Brew tea bags (the glass size- not the pitcher) to make in our cabin when we want a glass of tea. That way we don't have to go down the hall and up/down a few floors. Just take a tea bag along to the dining room and put it in your water glass. Voila - brewed to your taste.

BTW-We liked the tea in the DR.

Archived