Transfers from Port of Miami to Ft. Lauderdale

SusieBrent

We are on Carnival Valor January 1-8th leaving out of the Port of Miami, we want to book our flights on Southwest, SW does not fly into Miami but they do fly into Ft. Lauderdale, we would like to catch the 11:55am flight on the 8th so we can get home at a decent hour. How long of a drive is it from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale? And is there a shuttle that can get us to the airport on time if we dock at 7am? Any help you can give us would greatly be appreciated!

We are on Carnival Valor January 1-8th leaving out of the Port of Miami, we want to book our flights on Southwest, SW does not fly into Miami but they do fly into Ft. Lauderdale, we would like to catch the 11:55am flight on the 8th so we can get home at a decent hour. How long of a drive is it from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale? And is there a shuttle that can get us to the airport on time if we dock at 7am? Any help you can give us would greatly be appreciated!

Check SAS transportation... 15pp..

We used SAS and highly recommend them. Driver was very nice and friendly and service was excellent. It took about 40 minutes from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale and we paid $11 per person for a family of four (they ran a summer special) and we saved a lot of money vs. Carnival's bus.

Just came off the Valor this past Sunday using Southwest and had a 11:35am flight. Used SAS transportation and this is what I did. On debarkation day go to the Ivanhoe Theater at 7:00am with your luggage, I used self assist. Maybe I was lucky but they called for self assist about 7:15am and I was done with customs at 7:25am. SAS asks that you call them just before you go to customs and they will tell you where to meet the van when you are finished with customs. The driver was there in about 5 minutes and the cost was $15.00. I was at FLL airport at 8:20am. I had a 3 hour wait until my flight. Maybe this is not the norm but that is exactly what happened to me Sunday. SAS is excellent, I also used them when I came to Ft. Lauderdale and they took me to my Miami hotel. The wait to pick me up from the airport was even shorter, around 3 minutes. :D

We are going on the Valor in Dec. 6 of us in the group. 4 are flying out of Miami and my wife and I are going to Ft. Lauderdale to do another cruise on the Freedom. Will SAS drop them off at Miami Airport and then take us on to Ft. Lauderdale? All 6 of us are flying into FLL and using SAS to go to Miami. Haven't arranged for travel after cruise to the airport.

We are going on the Valor in Dec. 6 of us in the group. 4 are flying out of Miami and my wife and I are going to Ft. Lauderdale to do another cruise on the Freedom. Will SAS drop them off at Miami Airport and then take us on to Ft. Lauderdale? All 6 of us are flying into FLL and using SAS to go to Miami. Haven't arranged for travel after cruise to the airport.

I dont see why not. I would shoot Steve an email and ask.

He's pretty good with response time too.

The worst thing that might happen is you have to go in seperate vehicles.

Bill

Just came off the Valor this past Sunday using Southwest and had a 11:35am flight. Used SAS transportation and this is what I did. On debarkation day go to the Ivanhoe Theater at 7:00am with your luggage, I used self assist. Maybe I was lucky but they called for self assist about 7:15am and I was done with customs at 7:25am. SAS asks that you call them just before you go to customs and they will tell you where to meet the van when you are finished with customs. The driver was there in about 5 minutes and the cost was $15.00. I was at FLL airport at 8:20am. I had a 3 hour wait until my flight. Maybe this is not the norm but that is exactly what happened to me Sunday. SAS is excellent, I also used them when I came to Ft. Lauderdale and they took me to my Miami hotel. The wait to pick me up from the airport was even shorter, around 3 minutes. :D

Shake N Bake, thank you so very much for your response. So what are your thoughts on the Valor? Anything else you can share would really be appreciated!

Archived