Jewel Upgrade from 10166 to 11030

SoonerFan20

This is for a December 2012 trip. Just got a call from my travel agent that the SF room we booked wouldn't be able to accomodate my family of 4. NCL said they were going to move us to another 4 person room. Agent told them they needed to do better than that so they are putting us in 11030.

While we'll miss the aft balcony, this seems to be a good upgrade. I did see a thread where someone mentioned pool table noise above this particular cabin which concerns me a little. Anything else to worry about or (hopefully) look forward to? Thanks.

I took a peek at the deck plans as we've been on Jewel twice.

I have to say I try to place us under a deck that has only cabins. We let our TA assign us a cabin one year on CCL and it wound up being under the buffet area. We got to listen to chairs and tables being drug around all night long.

I would imagine they would be cleaning that area at night. The thing to know (and I hope someone can post who has been in a cabin in that vicinity) is if this means they'll be dragging stuff around that will significantly disturb your sleep.

You must be one of those scenarios with the couch fiasco NCL is having. Hope you have a great cruise!

Kathy

There is another thread out there that has some sort of link, website, something...that has a list of the "dragging rooms" or rooms that can hear dragging sounds from chairs, etc during the night.

Maybe someone who has staying in that area can chime in.

You were moved into a 2 bedroom family suite - nice upgrade in space - too bad about loosing the aft balcony - however I think the balcony on the new cabin is the same size or even bigger. From looking at the deck plans, your cabin is the furthest back on the starboard side of the ship and is real close to the Saphire Pool. However while the pool deck is above you, directly overhead of your cabin is the Lifestyle Room and what looks like stairs to deck 13 - also an area where the deck chairs are stored at night.

That said, the noise at night is just after the pool closes when they are picking up all the deck chairs, and early in the morning when they are setting them back out.

We had the same problem being directly under the great outdoors cafe on the Sky.

FYI Others here on CC have been offered suites in The Haven/Courtyard or an inside room across the hall from the old suite. If these are the only cabins available then see if you can move forward - 11006,11012,11018 or 11024 as these are under spa rooms that are generally closed at night.

Archived