Does anyone do the Stingrays and turtles?

ginjer2911

You can do the stingray + island tour (which includes the Turtle Farm) with either Nativeway (http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/tours.htm), or Captain Marvin's (http://www.captainmarvins.com/).

I'm actually deciding which one I should go to as we speak. Nativeway is $60 flat whereas Captain Marvin's is $65 (if you pay cash. You'd have to choose the 'short excursion' with the stingrays and ask to add on the Island tour).

Haha, that's why I was at a conflict! Marvin's stop at Old Homestead whereas Nativeway stop at the Tortuga Rum Factory. However, Ruth (of CM) informed me there are several rum cake outlets at the cruise terminal and if time permits, the tour can make a stop there.

I like that Nativeway waits for the people on the pier while for Marvin's, we have to walk to their office.

After talking to both Ruth (CM) and Sharon (NW), I already know who to book with now :)

And you're welcome! Good luck with deciding!

I sent an email to Captain Marvin's inquiring about Stingray City and Turtle Farm (and Hell) - they were very quick to respond and prices were reasonable, and we only wanted to do the three things and they were able to accommodate (within a comfortable timeframe for our shore stay). That being said - I discovered that our cruise (NCL) was offering a Stingray/Turtle Farm excursion for a comparable price, so we've decided to book through the cruise excursions (I'm a bit nervous about booking non-cruise shore excursions so this made me feel better, we're booking non-cruise shore excursions at the other 2 ports and I'm stressin' a little) ;)

If NCL wasn't offering it, I was all set to book with Captain Marvin's.

Have fun! I can't wait for our cruise (and I still have 6 months to go!)

J

Archived