Luggage

jzdn0507

Ok I have a set of 4 pieces of luggage, I know I can only bring 2 pieces and a carry on but..on the carnival website it gives size restrictions. (not exceed 16"H x 24"W no length restrictions). Is this strictly enforced? Because my biggest piece of luggage is a tad bigger than this. I really need to use the big piece but I don't want to be embarrassed if I go to board and they deny me onto the ship because of my luggage.

I am sorry if this is silly, this is my first cruise and I am kind of freaking out lol

Thank you to all that answer!

You'll be fine bringing the big one. Just be sure to give it to the porters as checked luggage. If you want to bring a carry-on just be sure it's your standard size carry on as it has to fit through the scanners similar to airports.

ps - They don't enforce a "Limit" of the amount of luggage you can bring, but as your first cruise, I'm sure you'll over pack as I did (and still seem to do:rolleyes:).

Have a great cruise!!

the 16x24 limit is for the carryon. that limit is sometimes enforced by port officers. and the carryon absolutely has to fit in the scanners.

the checked baggage doesn't have that limit. BUT there might be a weight limit per piece, like there is on airlines? ... i never check baggage, so someone else will have to clarify that.

there's no limit to number of pieces you can bring on, but just remember you and all those suitcases have to fit in your cabin. it's hard to imagine someone would need more than 2 suitcases unless doing b2b's, but something tells me there are folks here who can elighten me how that would be necessary :D

Ok I have a set of 4 pieces of luggage, I know I can only bring 2 pieces and a carry on but..on the carnival website it gives size restrictions. (not exceed 16"H x 24"W no length restrictions). Is this strictly enforced? Because my biggest piece of luggage is a tad bigger than this. I really need to use the big piece but I don't want to be embarrassed if I go to board and they deny me onto the ship because of my luggage.

I am sorry if this is silly, this is my first cruise and I am kind of freaking out lol

Thank you to all that answer!

Those measurements are for the carry on luggage and yes, it is strict. The luggage has to fit through the scanners. If the luggage is larger, it needs to be checked with the porters.

Actually according to Carnival's FAQ's they do have luggage restrictions~

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds and not exceed 16"H x 24"W (no length restrictions).

You are encouraged to not bring more than 2 per person but the weight and size looks to be a requirement~ that being said I've never heard of anyone not getting there luggage because it was to big or weighed to much! And I know for a fact my suitcase is way more than 50#~!! :D

Actually according to Carnival's FAQ's they do have luggage restrictions~

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds and not exceed 16"H x 24"W (no length restrictions).

You are encouraged to not bring more than 2 per person but the weight and size looks to be a requirement~ that being said I've never heard of anyone not getting there luggage because it was to big or weighed to much! And I know for a fact my suitcase is way more than 50#~!! :D

Yes that has been posted on the FAQ's for years now. This is something that they could probably and should enforce but they never have......

i don't know if Carnival is strict about weight limits, but i've seen airlines get downright picky about weight limits and tell people their bags would follow on later flights several times ...

the weight thing's a bigger problem than the size issue, because someone has to lift the luggage, and their contracts stipulate what the maximum they'll be asked to lift is. so packing a suitcase as heavy as possible can and will sometimes get your luggage delayed or charged more for them requiring two people to lift it.

i don't know if Carnival is strict about weight limits, but i've seen airlines get downright picky about weight limits and tell people their bags would follow on later flights several times ...

the weight thing's a bigger problem than the size issue, because someone has to lift the luggage, and their contracts stipulate what the maximum they'll be asked to lift is. so packing a suitcase as heavy as possible can and will sometimes get your luggage delayed or charged more for them requiring two people to lift it.

Airlines have always been strict with the weight limits....

I measured my biggest piece and it is 16w x 28h. So I am hoping they don't decide to come out with tape measures on my cruise. :D

Are you planning on taking all your luggage on board with you? Instead of checking some? No need to carry it all on because you will have to lug it around until your cabin is ready.

Airlines have always been strict with the weight limits....

Yeah, tell me about it. Several years ago, I got a $90 fee for being 4 pounds over the limit! There was massive lines behind us, otherwise I would have grabbed a garbage bag out of the nearest trash can and created a carry-on with the extra 4 pounds.

Lesson learned.

Are you planning on taking all your luggage on board with you? Instead of checking some? No need to carry it all on because you will have to lug it around until your cabin is ready.

No we are planning on checking luggage and then I'll have a carry-on and then my purse but when I checked the website about luggage it confused so I thought I would ask more experienced cruisers.

Archived