share your favorite shopping, picture spots, drink spots, etc

Mom_to_2_NC

From where we get on land, is there decent shopping within walkable distance?

We don't want to do any water sports, and although it might be a once in a lifetime chance to see turtles and all, we just aren't really into that.

What would YOU recommend for anyone interested in trying to enjoy time on land at GC --- share your favorite shopping, picture spots, drink spots, etc.. thanks!

:D

From where we get on land, is there decent shopping within walkable distance?

We don't want to do any water sports, and although it might be a once in a lifetime chance to see turtles and all, we just aren't really into that.

What would YOU recommend for anyone interested in trying to enjoy time on land at GC --- share your favorite shopping, picture spots, drink spots, etc.. thanks!

There is alot of shopping within walking distance. Once you get off the tender there will be some kiosk type shopping right there. Cross the street and you are in the main downtown part of Grand Cayman. Lots and lots of shops. I'll warn you - GC shopping is a bit expensive but nice to stroll through the shops. The last time we were there we went to Breezes By The Bay for lunch. It's within walking distance - just ask and someone will point you in the direction. You can also google their website if you want to take a look at their menu. Food was good, not great. But we really enjoyed the drinks:D:D:D They serve hurricanes from a level 1 to level 5 (meaning alcohol strength). I must confess, my friend and I both ordered a level 5. We figured why not pay for one drink and get the effects of two or three. Very good and were we relaxed. Which was ok for us because we just ate a few additional appetizers up on the top, outside deck, enjoyed the lovely oceanview, and people watched. We spent a few hours hanging out there and liked it. Well, I liked it. My friend wasn't a fan of Grand Cayman. She thought it was too touristy. It is touristy but in the Caribbean so all ok with me.

Do you want to get outside of the main town area at all? There is 7 mile beach if you want to take a stroll on the beach. You could have a taxi take you there and back.

:confused:

:D

There is alot of shopping within walking distance. Once you get off the tender there will be some kiosk type shopping right there. Cross the street and you are in the main downtown part of Grand Cayman. Lots and lots of shops. I'll warn you - GC shopping is a bit expensive but nice to stroll through the shops. The last time we were there we went to Breezes By The Bay for lunch. It's within walking distance - just ask and someone will point you in the direction. You can also google their website if you want to take a look at their menu. Food was good, not great. But we really enjoyed the drinks:D:D:D They serve hurricanes from a level 1 to level 5 (meaning alcohol strength). I must confess, my friend and I both ordered a level 5. We figured why not pay for one drink and get the effects of two or three. Very good and were we relaxed. Which was ok for us because we just ate a few additional appetizers up on the top, outside deck, enjoyed the lovely oceanview, and people watched. We spent a few hours hanging out there and liked it. Well, I liked it. My friend wasn't a fan of Grand Cayman. She thought it was too touristy. It is touristy but in the Caribbean so all ok with me.

Do you want to get outside of the main town area at all? There is 7 mile beach if you want to take a stroll on the beach. You could have a taxi take you there and back.

Awesome I could handle level 5 too of my friend doesn't lol ty for the info.

:confused:

Awesome I could handle level 5 too of my friend doesn't lol ty for the info.

You are welcome. Give that level 5 a try. You don't have to finish it if it gets too much. From what I remember I had some melted ice and alcohol left in my glass when we left.

Archived