Jewellery in St Maarten?

QueenMab

I'm thinking about looking for a ring or bracelet while in St Maarten, but I have no idea where to look. Any recommendations? My budget is somewhat low. $200 is a rough maximum.

(I think I was a bit spoiled in Japan, where I got a ring (10k, pearls) and two pairs of earrings (18k, pearls and rubies) for about $150.)

that will make you feel that nothing has any value and they all have crazy tag prices that you should pay no more than1/3 of that price and they will still be making a bundle on your purchase. We have been so turned off on this need to negotiate for a long time and it takes too much time from our visit so you are limited on doing anything else.

I'm thinking about looking for a ring or bracelet while in St Maarten, but I have no idea where to look. Any recommendations? My budget is somewhat low. $200 is a rough maximum.

(I think I was a bit spoiled in Japan, where I got a ring (10k, pearls) and two pairs of earrings (18k, pearls and rubies) for about $150.)

You would do better to know what you're looking for. A ring OR a bracelete makes for a huge range of pieces to review. Narrow it down before you get there, if possible.

We have three jewelers on the island. One for high-end items, one for middle-to-high and a third for middle-to-low pieces.

Your budget would indicate a visit to our friends at Ocean Jewelers, with two shops near each other towards the Eastern end of Frontstreet.

th_DSCN1516.jpg

(click)

Ask for DJ or Bob, mention my name, tell them that you don't have much time and need their best price first. If you see something you like at a price that you like, great, but be prepared to walk away.

They also have some of the best prices for booze in the Caribbean.

gary

p.s. Mention me and Cruise Critic if you spend $100 or more and get a free bottle of rum.

Archived