Review of Snorkel with Shipwrecks and Sea Turtles Excursion

chocolatemaniac2

My family of 4 - myself, hubby, son 17 and daugher 15 - were on the Serenade of the Seas March 19-26.

We really enjoyed this excursion. You find the tour group outside of the shopping area by the pier, where the buses are. You have a very short van ride to the marina, where you board a beautiful catamaran.

First stop is an area close to shore where there are 2 shipwrecks, one that has been there over 100 years, the other ship was sunk there only about 5 years ago. The 100 year old ship had TONS of wildlife on and around it, it was amazing and so colorful. We was eel, stingrays, and something that I think was a small shark (it was down on the bottom deep so we did not worry). The newer ship was just starting to get coral and anemones on it but was fun to snorkel around.

Then, it was back on the boat and over to an area where green sea turtles call there home, in what was described as a fresh-water cove? The guides brought along fish pieces to lure the turtles close and they were just gorgeous, you could reach out and touch them!!!!!

After that, we motored to another close sandy shore where we would swim, snorkel again, or just stay on the boat. One thing here...........we were told the water was only 4-5 feet deep so we had to wade over to the shore. They couldn't go closer due to the laws. However, the water was infact 15-20 FEET DEEP, so you definately had to SWIM over. My son swam, while my daughter and I decided to lay on the canvas of the catamaran and catch some rays.

It was a fun excursion and I would recommend it.

Archived