Amerisuites La Quinta Marriott Marina ????

dealin dave

Which would you choose? I have stayed at the Marina. Not bad. I have a good price of $109.00 including breakfast for my wife and 2 little kids. At the Amerisuites I have a rate of $59.00 and La Quinta a rate of $49.99. I am leaning towards Amerisuites because of location and price, but are the rooms clean and modern? The swimming pool nice for kids? I believe it is not far from the new strip mall (PUBLIX) and Outbacks. La Quinta is near Oakwood plaza any one ever stay or visit this area? Which would you choose? I know all hotels offer shuttle service fll and port. We are going end of July so I realize it is not that busy. I was just curious if any one has eaten breakfast at the Dennys off of 17th and Federal near Amerisuites? Good???? Any other places near Amerisuites for breakfast?? Thanks !!!

We stayed post cruise in Feb/05 at the Amerisuites. Very nice hotel. Rooms very clean and spacious. The pool is on the small side, but would be ok for kids to use. They have a very nice breakfast buffet, free, which includes fresh scrambled eggs, homemade waffles (you make them yourselves), fresh fruit, muffins, cereal, orange juice. If you have a rate of only $59., well worth the price, plus they have the shuttle to the port/airport. Very nice, and I would definitely stay there again.

We stayed at the Mariott Marina pre-cruise, (through priceline paid $74.) and it wasn't much nicer than the Amerisuites.

We stayed there (AmeriSuites) once - didn't care for it at all. It has more of a "motel" feel and the service was not that great. The rooms were not clean on our stay and we didn't care for the location. But, we did stay there over a holiday and it was packed, so that may have contributed to our dislike.

Personally, I'd take the Marriott Marina over AmeriSuites any day. You have far better access to the water taxi and better facilities at the Marriott (if I am thinking of the same one you are mentioning).

We stayed at Amerisuites a couple of years ago. It was OK, but I doubt we'd stay there again. We disliked their policy of not being able to schedule the shuttle to the pier.

Even though we were among the first outside waiting for the shuttle to return, we didn't make the first couple - guess we're not pushy enough. We ended up taking a cab. I understand that Embassy Suites and others let you schedule the shuttle - much more civilized!

Also, I recall reading recently that Hyatt is buying Amerisuites - perhaps there'll be some positive changes.

Archived