Splendour of the Seas - Inside or Oceanview?

We are looking at the Splendour in Europe next fall. It would be a 7 day cruise with one day at sea. Unless they change it with the drydocking, the largest inside is slightly larger than the largest OV. I've done inside, OV and balcony on various cruise lines.

Here is the thing, it is about $200 more per person for an OV and another $350 per person for a balcony. I want your opinion...with only one sea day, would a larger inside cabin work or is the daylight more important? I just cannot decide if the $200 for 7 days and only one day at sea is worth it for the OV.....thoughts????

I am assuming I can easily find a spot on the ship to sit and read during the day at sea

Thanks in advance.

When we were on the Splendour last year, we had a balcony. One of the best parts of the trip was sitting on our balcony alone and having a drink while we discussed the port we had just visited. We would take our last pictures before we left.

Also, are you going to Venice? Waking up and opening the curtians to see the ship going through the Grand Canal. oh my!

This was our first trip to Europe. If you have been, it may not be as important to you. I do like to know if it is daylight or dark, and am usually satisfied with OV. On the Freedom this past June we never used the balcony, it was to hot.

Have a great cruise!

Archived