Dream Western Review with Pics - Cove Balcony

jdcml

What a great job with the review and the dropbox. I did not know about the school supplies...that is a terrific thing that you did. I love the pictures of Tropicante...we were not at all happy with Maya Chan in spite of all of the great reviews. The place was charming and the food and drinks great, but the water was not clear at all and smelled horrible. I will opt for Tropicante next time.

It was so great meeting all of you and we really appreciated your efforts in organizing the cabin crawl and poker game (even though we weren't the winners!). We really did end up seeing a lot of you and your gang around the ship! What a terrific family you have! Hope to see you on another cruise in the future. If that does happen, I will pick your brain on the excursions...you did much better than we did!

Great Review Donald! Loving it so far. I have to agree with Judy about Maya Chan. I did like the food and drinks, and the area, but the water was horrible. My kids were afarid to go in it becuase there were so many plants/grass. Sitting in the floating chair, you floated over these huge plants and never saw any clear water :( It was a bummer considering all the really great reviews. I will for SURE remeber tropicante for our next western itinerary

Looking forward to reading about your last day!

It truly was a pleasure getting to meet all of you, and we loved the slot pull and cabin crawl, thanks for getting the crawl together!

And even though it may be oceanfront - the breeze is nonexistent most times

2529970120090226023S600x600Q85.jpg

So why did we go? The intention was to see if we could set up some sort of a pen pal relationship between this school and the kids school. My hope was that maybe this would help to raise some awareness of the need. This likely will never come to fruition though for two reasons. First, there is no true mail delivery on the island so it would be very difficult to send anything between the two schools. Second, and a bigger issue, is that many people feel that our local schools have enough issues that we can't overcome that need to be fixed first. Our own school budgets are being slashed and teachers here don't have supplies...but most of us don't realize how much different it could potentially be. I'll keep chewing on this idea for awhile and see what might come of it.

I'm glad we went so that the kids could see things we take for granted would be a blessing to so many others. Our school recently added portables and there was such an uproar. I can imagine the uproar of appreciation for an air conditioned portable at this school!

What you did was so awesome. We did the same thing in Jamaica. We don't realize how fortunate we are here, even with all the budget cut and such. Some kids in Jamaica can't go to school, because their parents can't afford a uniform.

[quote name='jdcml']...His van seated 15 I think but one of our group was an infant so it worked out just fine. ...[/QUOTE]
How did that work out when ziplining? Did the parents of the infant not zipline? Our son will be 21 months when we cruise next month. Trying to figure out what to do in Belize & while ziplining sounds great, can't figure out the logistics of taking him along.

Archived