Vancouver Entertainment Book Dining Options

SEPyle

Time to get serious! I've purchased the Vancouver Entertainment book and I must say it's so big it's almost overwhelming trying to find good places to eat near the downtown area. We are staying at the Hyatt and will be using the Trolly coupon for sure, but also want to cut down on expences by using it for eating as well.

Any suggestions for places that are in the book that locals can reccomend or others have experienced prior or post cruise?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Sharon

There was a post about this just a couple of weeks ago. Aqua Riva was one restaurant that was recommended by a Vancouverite. I can't seem to recall the others now and don't have my notes in front of me, but if you do a search for the Vancouver E book, you should get the info you seek.

Here's one, but there were too many for me to copy.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=145396&highlight=Vancouver+restaurants

Here are 3 restaurants in Vancouver that are all int he Entertainment book that we like:

For Seafood - The Cannery on commissioner Street right on the water (a short cab ride from downtown hotels)

The Stone Grill - right at the end of Granville Street underneath the Granville Street Bridge and on the shore of False Creek

Japanese Steak house - Kobe's a very short walk from the Hyatt Regency Hotel.

there are lots more good restaurants in the book.

Thanks so much for your suggestions. This morning I did a little homework and found these places, some of which have been mentioned:

Rex Rotisserie & Grill; Kobe Japanese Steak and Seafood

House; The Hermatige; Settebello; Da Pasta Bar;Vista's

Revolving Restaurant & Bar; Water St. Cafe; Al Porto

Ristoriante; Pink Pearl Chinese Restaurant; Lombardos

Ristorante and Pizzeria;

Does anyone have experience with any of the above. I really don't want to make plans etched in stone before we go, but would rather have some good possiblities and then see where we are when it's meal time. We'll be using the Vancouver Trolly, so hopefully some of these will be near stops. Of course, using a taxi, or heaven forbid, we might even walk!!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I'm sure others will find the info usefull for pre and post Vancouver stays as well.

Sharon

Archived