Cove Balconies

5waldos

Did any of you who have cruised in one of the cove balconies have problems with large puddles of water on the balcony every morning? Not just a bit but enough to totally soak several bath towels? I have asked this before but didn't get a lot of responses and having booked the Magic in a cove am trying to figure out if it is a common thing.

And if you did- what did you do about it? I had enough water each morning that I had to mop it up. (and yes I'm sure I could have gotten my room steward to do it but I don't want people around at 7am before coffee thanks.)

We originally booked a cove balcony on the Magic for this coming November and read here that water is sometimes a problem. I called Carnival and asked them about it and they said due to being close to the water the balconies tend to stay wet at night. They also informed me that the sun is blocked by the life rafts for the most part and that also plays a roll with the balcony being wet. We decided to upgrade after hearing that. My wife has got to have sun on the balcony.

We just got back from 2392 on the Dream and had an issue up near the rail in the drain trough. 2396 next to us didn't have the problem. I tend to think that some of it may be coming from above when they spray the windows down in the evenings. It was wet, but it wasn't anything that I had an issue with or messed with trying to dry up. I wouldn't go out in my socks though :)

Our water was by the door and it was a good inch or more deep. Nothing to do with rough water though- it was like glass for our sail. I may just ask for a pile of towels- and yea- I suspect something like the cleaning machine. Just wonder if it is possible to figure out what cabins are bad- ours, and those next to us, were pretty wet but some people have none at all. They need to work on this- it would become a deal breaker after a while.

we cruise in feb. so we have pretty calm seas, they are wet from the night, I think they hose them off, I remember some water coming down from above us like a sprinkler type thingy... The point about the boats above and no shade, if the sun is directly overhead you might not get sun but you will when it clears the boats. We had a lot of sun, I guess it depends on the position of the sun, the direction of the ship and what side you are on...:p After saying all that, we loved our cove on the Dream and we booked another cove on the Carnival Magic. :D

Our water was by the door and it was a good inch or more deep. Nothing to do with rough water though- it was like glass for our sail. I may just ask for a pile of towels- and yea- I suspect something like the cleaning machine. Just wonder if it is possible to figure out what cabins are bad- ours, and those next to us, were pretty wet but some people have none at all. They need to work on this- it would become a deal breaker after a while.

I had the same problem with my cove on the Dream, I was in cabin 2289. The day I checked in the water was so deep I couldn't go out on the balcony, had to have the room steward vacuum it off with the wet vac. It actually was wet every day, not always that bad though.

Edited by pmc7704

• 2 years later...

Had the problem when on the Dream. We had calm seas and no rain on the entire cruise. Its when the cleaning system turns on, water flows into some of the Cove Balconies. I was out there when it turned on late one night and got soaked. I complained and once they figured out what was happening (first full cruise out of NYC, ship was still new), the timing was reset for it to turn on much later.

We have booked room 2392 on the dream for May 18th 2014.

My sister-in-law has booked 2396.

Can you remove the dividers between the balconies on these 2 rooms.

Thanks

Tania

Doesn't look like it, but the cabins connect

2392 7C 185/45 = 230 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed-1 upper Cabin connects to: 2396

View: window and cove balcony Balcony partition connects to: 2388

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; sofa and coffee table

Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table

Smoking permitted on balcony only