Bermuda 2012 Wedding

gavann16

Hello!

We are planning an Explorer of the Seas cruise to Bermuda July 2012. There we will get married at a Catholic Church and are looking for a hotel to have a small 1-2 hour cocktail reception.

Does anyone have any experience in this? We are looking into Elbow Beach, Coco Reef and The Reefs. Any ideas how to keep this idea going yet within a $5000-$6000 budget? It seems these hotels are used to beach ceremonies and we are having a difficult time pricing only the cocktail part for about 60people.

Thank you!

Gina

Hello!

We are planning an Explorer of the Seas cruise to Bermuda July 2012. There we will get married at a Catholic Church and are looking for a hotel to have a small 1-2 hour cocktail reception.

Does anyone have any experience in this? We are looking into Elbow Beach, Coco Reef and The Reefs. Any ideas how to keep this idea going yet within a $5000-$6000 budget? It seems these hotels are used to beach ceremonies and we are having a difficult time pricing only the cocktail part for about 60people. Thank you! Gina

Will the guest be sailing with you, or will they be flying to Bermuda for the wedding

If you have 60 guest sailing with you, your travel agents should be able to get a free cocktail party on the ship. Unfortunitly, unless they are passengers they will not be able to get on the ship.

Hello!

Does anyone have any experience in this? We are looking into Elbow Beach, Coco Reef and The Reefs. Any ideas how to keep this idea going yet within a $5000-$6000 budget? It seems these hotels are used to beach ceremonies and we are having a difficult time pricing only the cocktail part for about 60people.

Thank you!

Gina

have you tried contacting a wedding consultant at destination, maybe they could stear you in the right direction? :confused:

There was a poster on these boards last year, JerseyNess, that had her wedding at Coco Reef. Try searching for her posts (I would have posted some links but my poor quality internet isn't being very cooperative this evening!)

Also, since you're looking to have a Catholic ceremony, you may want to check this out first:

http://www.catholicbermuda.org/international_marriages.htm

Congrats and good luck!

Thank you everyone. Yes, I have been in touch with Elbow Beach and a few others. I find that everyone seems to take a day or two to get back to us and we are very anxious to start our planning. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience.

Elbow Beach gave us a price of $11000 for 2 hours, including one hour rum swizzle, one hour open bar, passed hors d'oeuvres, transportation to an from the cruise ship and a steel drum player for one hour. I thought this was a bit high but I was trying to get others opinions.

Thanks!

I am sorry to be a pooper, but please consider that there is always a possibility that something will happen to prevent your cruise from stopping at Bermuda on the planned day, or stopping there at all. Tropical weather (effecting either the route or Bermuda itself), ship malfunctions, etc can all cause schedules to change, and you could find yourself with a $6000 wedding that you will never be able to attend. If that possiblity doesn't bother you, you will be fine, but I think that with the emotional and financial investment that goes into planning a wedding you might want to plan something that will be more of a sure thing.

Archived