Port of Galveston to IAH

bostonjosh

Hi. I was hoping for some advice. I am booked on the Carnival Magic leaving from Galveston in January. This is the first time time I will be sailing out of Galveston as I have always sailed from Florida. I have a flight at 1:15pm going from the cruise terminal to IAH. The ship docks at 8am and I am planning on using the ships shuttle to get back to the airport. Would I be able to make a 1:15 flight from IAH. The ship says 1:30 is the earliest flight. thanks

Ok, a few notes, Galveston can have some serious fog problems from January - April, this often causes delays on docking. On our last cruise out of there last January the ship was delayed by about 2-3 hours coming in due to fog for us to board, and we were delayed by an hour or so arriving, the week before one of the other ships was delayed by about 10-12 hours coming into port and was stuck there until the next day to depart due to fog. Another issue will be day of the week, IAH is about 70 miles away on the north side of Houston which requires going through the center of town (the loop would probably take longer) and expected traffic issues, even in ideal conditions drive time is going to be well over an hour, Hobby is on the south side about 40 miles north of Galveston and is slightly smaller, but still major airport principal carrier there is Southwest airlines which is a discount carrier and only books tickets on there site not on travel sites like Orbitz.

Thanks for the info. Flying from Boston the times were better going to IAH and it was also much cheaper then HOU because I used sky miles. I am going the day before so I will have some time to explore Houston a little bit. I get in at 12:27pm so I will still have the later part of the afternoon and evening. The ship disembarks on a Sunday. If I flew out of Hobby the flights are either 12:40 or 4:00 and not sure if I would make the 12:40. Out of IAH the flights are either 1:15 or 4:20. I would be so bored at the airport for so many hours. But then coming off of a week long cruise I am sure everything will feel boring back on land. This whole work thing is not as fun as cruising. haha.

Thanks for the info. Flying from Boston the times were better going to IAH and it was also much cheaper then HOU because I used sky miles. I am going the day before so I will have some time to explore Houston a little bit. I get in at 12:27pm so I will still have the later part of the afternoon and evening. The ship disembarks on a Sunday. If I flew out of Hobby the flights are either 12:40 or 4:00 and not sure if I would make the 12:40. Out of IAH the flights are either 1:15 or 4:20. I would be so bored at the airport for so many hours. But then coming off of a week long cruise I am sure everything will feel boring back on land. This whole work thing is not as fun as cruising. haha.

You might want to plan for transfer on your own as we are going to be on the Magic when she comes into Galveston and the first CCL transfer bus does not leave until 10:30. It takes about an hour and 1/2 to get out to IAH

Archived