Port of Galveston to IAH

bostonjosh

Hi. I was hoping for some advice. I am booked on the Carnival Magic leaving from Galveston in January. This is the first time time I will be sailing out of Galveston as I have always sailed from Florida. I have a flight at 1:15pm going from the cruise terminal to IAH. The ship docks at 8am and I am planning on using the ships shuttle to get back to the airport. Would I be able to make a 1:15 flight from IAH. The ship says 1:30 is the earliest flight. thanks

Hi. I was hoping for some advice. I am booked on the Carnival Magic leaving from Galveston in January. This is the first time time I will be sailing out of Galveston as I have always sailed from Florida. I have a flight at 1:15pm going from the cruise terminal to IAH. The ship docks at 8am and I am planning on using the ships shuttle to get back to the airport. Would I be able to make a 1:15 flight from IAH. The ship says 1:30 is the earliest flight. thanks

You should be ok, if you can manage your bags yourself, you can do self roll off.....the bus won't leave til it is full.

You could always take a taxi or try Super Shuttle too.

I have booked Super Shuttle for a 2:20pm flight out of IAH.

Super Shuttle has scheduled my pickup for 10:30 am from the Gaveston Cruise Terminal.

So with, Self Debarkation you should have no problem making a 1:15pm flight.

You could probably be off the ship by 8:30am, and to the airport with lots of time to spare.

Karen

Dense fog that often closes the port can be a problem in Galveston from January through April, this often causes delays for ships to get into port until the sun has been up long enough to burn the fog off. We have cruised out of Galveston 3 times in January or Feb, and so far have not had any major delays (we drive to the port so no flight concerns), but have been 2-3 hours late either departing or arriving due to delays caused by fog multiple times, and am aware of cruises either the week before or after ours being delayed much longer, on one case being stuck in port for over 24 hours until the fog lifted.

Ike

Archived