Car Rental at Houston Hobby

5waldos

Anyone found any deals renting a car for the 8 days from Houston Hobby? Everything I find in late March is nearly $250. Coupons? Codes? Anything? I swore I wouldn't cruise out of Galveston again for just this reason but here I am again.There are 4 of us so limos, etc, end up as expensive when tips are factored in.

Anyone found any deals renting a car for the 8 days from Houston Hobby? Everything I find in late March is nearly $250. Coupons? Codes? Anything? I swore I wouldn't cruise out of Galveston again for just this reason but here I am again.There are 4 of us so limos, etc, end up as expensive when tips are factored in.

I booked through Hotwire. You might want to check that out.

Joanne

I can't help you but I have to throw this out there: I am going quit my job and buy a passenger van. When I do I promise I will not gouge passengers from the airport to Galveston!

I'm not really going to quit my job and buy a van but hearing all these problems getting from HOU or IAH makes me think I could make a living at doing this! On the weekends anyway!

And please keep in mind that Houston has some VERY high taxes on rentals. I just plugged in dates March 25 - April 1 and the car itself wasn't bad; then taxes and fees brought it up an additional $80.

Shekim- I am sure you could make a very decent living! I swore after the first time we sailed out of Galveston that it would be our last time, but here we are. And yes the taxes are outrageous!

Finally got one for $218 including all taxes for the 8 days. I will keep watching but AARP had the best deals. What is the most annoying thing is that you have to rent it for the week so the cars sit there for most of the time. There are NO agencies open on Sunday, and if you try to use the one in whatever town it is just north of Galveston they specifically disallow it. And the special codes for 25% off? Don't know how it works but they end up far more expensive than from places like Hotwire.

I think I will try to remember this the next time I plan a cruise. NOT Galveston. Too bad no little goes out of San Diego any more- that was a breeze.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived