How do I give a gift?

Cookie2boys

I have friends from another state going on a Princess cruise next week. I want to give them some on board credit as a surprise gift. How would I go about doing this? I don't have any info as far as which ship they will be on. I only know they will be cruising Princess. Thanks.

If you call Princess and tell them their names, ship name and sailing date, they can look up their booking number for you and add it to the order. Everything can be done over the phone (here is the gift section on Princess.com with the onboard credit amounts) http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/onboard_credit/Index.jsp.

They will find a little card in their stateroom telling them what has been added as credit and who the gift is from. What a nice thing to do for your friends. :)

If you call Princess and tell them their names, ship name and sailing date, they can look up their booking number for you and add it to the order. Everything can be done over the phone (here is the gift section on Princess.com with the onboard credit amounts) http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/onboard_credit/Index.jsp.

They will find a little card in their stateroom telling them what has been added as credit and who the gift is from. What a nice thing to do for your friends. :)

Thank you very much.

Also you can download the Celebrations Gift form from the Princess site and mail it in, it has a option to mail a check if you prefer that to using your CC. on the phone.

Either calling or mailing you're going to need their booking # & cabin #

Srpilo

Also you can download the Celebrations Gift form from the Princess site and mail it in, it has a option to mail a check if you prefer that to using your CC. on the phone.

Either calling or mailing you're going to need their booking # & cabin #

Srpilo

Actually, to mail or fax in the order form, you have to have all of the booking information such as sailing number and booking number, cabin number, etc, which the OP says he does not have. ;)

Hijacking a bit: If one wants to order from the gift list, but wants it BEFORE the cruise, is that possible? I like the roller duffel, but it will be much more useful to have it before we leave home for the cruise.

Thanks.

Hijacking a bit: If one wants to order from the gift list, but wants it BEFORE the cruise, is that possible? I like the roller duffel, but it will be much more useful to have it before we leave home for the cruise.

Thanks.

No way possible that I know of to order before or after the cruise to be delivered anywhere else. The gift section is for things delivered onboard the ship, there is no way to order them for home delivery. But you might check on ebay, many times passengers sell things they thought they would want but never really used. Good Luck!

Surely due to the Data Protection Act, Princess Cruises cannot say which cruise ship a particular guest/s are on?

I would guess not. But if the OP tells them their names and their sailing date, they can add the information about the ship, booking number and cabin number to the actual order without telling the sender any of this information. But doing this over the phone would be the only way I know of since the OP does not have the facts that would direct the gift to the right ship and sailing.

I would think as the OP doesn't know the ship they will be sailing on then Princess would be unable to help.

I would bet they could. All they would have to do is to look up the names, and it would show them the ship and sailing date. If the OP really wants to send the gift, it is definitely worth a try. ;)

I guess our Date Protection laws in the UK are stricter than the States. I work in a holiday resort an just the other day someone asked a similar question, wanting to send gifts for a room to be decorated for a guest's birthday. She had to supply the guests name, booking reference number and home address. They were then told if we found the guest was staying with us we could decorate the room, whereever they were staying, but couldn't give the caller any information.

Thank You all. It was a simple process. I knew the date they are leaving and I know it's the panama canal. So I looked it up on google and saw it was the Island Princess. I called this morning and told the gentlemen the sailing date and that I "think" it was the Island Princess. He asked for guest last name and pulled them up and I was able to do the credit as a gift and leave a message for them. Thank you all for your responses.

Thank You all. It was a simple process. I knew the date they are leaving and I know it's the panama canal. So I looked it up on google and saw it was the Island Princess. I called this morning and told the gentlemen the sailing date and that I "think" it was the Island Princess. He asked for guest last name and pulled them up and I was able to do the credit as a gift and leave a message for them. Thank you all for your responses.

That's great news, I figured they would be able to help you. What a nice surprise for your friends. :)

Archived