Pearl Harbor tour through NCL

krkheffe

Has anyone done the Pearl Harbor Honolulu City Tour through NCL? I have called them twice about it and gotten different information. This last time they said that the tour leaves the ship at 8am and the tickets to go out and see the Memorial are already obtained....so after getting there, the time to go to the Memorial will not be long as some others have experienced.

The last time I called they said that once you get to Pearl Harbor..then you get the tickets to go out to the Memorial.

Ugh...not sure what to do...anyone done this? I was thinkingof doing it through Roberts as it is cheaper but they leave the pier at 9am...I thought maybe getting there a bit earlier may be better...NCL leaves at 8am.

Thanks!

We did the Pearl Harbor and City Tour through NCL on the day we were to depart for home as a way to pass some time. It was a really good tour! The guide was funny and he broke out in song every once in a while. The city tour part was OK- pretty interesting. The Pearl Harbor part was very good. They take you out to the site and you get free time to look around the museum until the designated time that you will gather to go over to the Arizona Monument by boat. They give you lots of time to spend on the Monument and it really is quite moving. The museum was also pretty moving...it's well done. Then they dropped us off at the airport with our luggage in plenty of time for the flight. This is one ship tour I would recommend for sure.

We did the Pearl Harbor and City Tour through NCL on the day we were to depart for home as a way to pass some time. It was a really good tour! The guide was funny and he broke out in song every once in a while. The city tour part was OK- pretty interesting. The Pearl Harbor part was very good. They take you out to the site and you get free time to look around the museum until the designated time that you will gather to go over to the Arizona Monument by boat. They give you lots of time to spend on the Monument and it really is quite moving. The museum was also pretty moving...it's well done. Then they dropped us off at the airport with our luggage in plenty of time for the flight. This is one ship tour I would recommend for sure.

What I am wondering is if the tickets for the memorial are already obtained like I was lead to believe...or when you get there with the tour, then the tour guide obtains the tickets just like anyone else would that is already there waiting for them. Thanks for the info!

Tickets are not given out in advance. Tour guide will get them upon arrival at the Memorial. That applies to ALL tours whether you get there at 7AM' date=' or later. Just the way they have the allocation of tickets set up.[/quote']

Thanks..thats what I thought...but not what I was lead to believe. Now I have to decide if we should be Robert's at 9am or NCL at 8am..and $20 pp more expensive.

Depending on what time your return flight is, go for Roberts--every tour that we have taken with them has been great. We also used them on Maui for whale watching, and Kuaui for Waimea Canyon.

Even when we have gone on the Home of the Brave tour (which departs hotel at 6 AM), the tour guide/bus driver has had to pick up the tickets.

Whatever you decide--ENJOY!

We took this tour on our departure day and the guide did get the tickets to the memorial ahead of time. We did the city tour first and then after we arrived at Pearl Harbor, he gave us our tickets.

Did you use Robert's or NCL??

Depending on what time your return flight is' date=' go for Roberts--every tour that we have taken with them has been great. We also used them on Maui for whale watching, and Kuaui for Waimea Canyon.

Even when we have gone on the Home of the Brave tour (which departs hotel at 6 AM), the tour guide/bus driver has had to pick up the tickets.

Whatever you decide--ENJOY![/quote']

Thanks! Probably will use Robert's as we are probably booking 2 other tours with them so can add the third for practically nothing.

You can easily take the local bus to Pearl Harbor, and visit the Arizona Memorial for free. The bus cost is nominal ($1.00 for those 65 and older....need to show your ID to prove it). The memorial tour is also free. There is a cost to see other exhibits at Pearl (the Missouri battleship, the submarine Bowfin, the aircraft museum). We just took the bus, got our tickets for the Arizona Memorial, then toured the submarine until our time for the Arizona came up. There is food for purchase at the site for lunch. You need to store backpacks or any large bags.......I recall it was $3 per bag.

http://www.nps.gov/valr/index.htm

http://www.ussmissouri.com/visitor-information

http://www.bowfin.org/

Be aware that there are numerous online sites claiming to be the "official" organization for various tours, all seeking your money.

You can easily take the local bus to Pearl Harbor, and visit the Arizona Memorial for free. The bus cost is nominal ($1.00 for those 65 and older....need to show your ID to prove it). The memorial tour is also free. There is a cost to see other exhibits at Pearl (the Missouri battleship, the submarine Bowfin, the aircraft museum). We just took the bus, got our tickets for the Arizona Memorial, then toured the submarine until our time for the Arizona came up. There is food for purchase at the site for lunch. You need to store backpacks or any large bags.......I recall it was $3 per bag.

http://www.nps.gov/valr/index.htm

http://www.ussmissouri.com/visitor-information

http://www.bowfin.org/

Be aware that there are numerous online sites claiming to be the "official" organization for various tours, all seeking your money.

Thanks....we are wanting the tour to take our luggage and then drop us at the airport so this time a bus probably wouldn't be the best option....but a good option for others I am sure!

I used NCL

Because you used NCL for the tour...did they take your suitcases to the bus....I am just wondering if you had to lug them out to the bus. That may be a nice perk if they do it for you. What was the process like?

Thanks!

I called NCL's excursion department and was told they put your luggage on the tour bus with you. The reason we went with NCL instead of Roberts is NCL's excursion started earlier than Roberts. We figured this would give us an earlier start at Pearl Harbor.

Either way you decide to go will be great tours.

I called NCL's excursion department and was told they put your luggage on the tour bus with you. The reason we went with NCL instead of Roberts is NCL's excursion started earlier than Roberts. We figured this would give us an earlier start at Pearl Harbor.

Either way you decide to go will be great tours.

Wow....I just got off the phone with NCL's excursion people and was told the OPPOSITE!!! I specifically asked about the luggage. I was told that the night before, you are given special luggage tags for your luggage. You pit your luggage in the hallway the night before. The next day...you disembark the ship as a group (Pearl Harboe tour group), go get your luggage, and roll it to the bus yourself where they then place it on the bus for you....that is, after you have delivered it to the bus yourself.

I really get aggravated with the different information I have received when calling NCL...and Robert's for that matter. It makes planning hard especially when you are looking for certain things.

Anyway....who knows who is right.....I also read another post that took the NCL tour and she said that the tour guide had obtained the tickets to go out to see the Memorial before they ever arrived at Pearl Harbor. But when I called, they said..no, they get them when you arrive.

I guess we will all find out when we get there!!!!

Wow....I just got off the phone with NCL's excursion people and was told the OPPOSITE!!! I specifically asked about the luggage. I was told that the night before, you are given special luggage tags for your luggage. You pit your luggage in the hallway the night before. The next day...you disembark the ship as a group (Pearl Harboe tour group), go get your luggage, and roll it to the bus yourself where they then place it on the bus for you....that is, after you have delivered it to the bus yourself.

I really get aggravated with the different information I have received when calling NCL...and Robert's for that matter. It makes planning hard especially when you are looking for certain things.

Anyway....who knows who is right.....I also read another post that took the NCL tour and she said that the tour guide had obtained the tickets to go out to see the Memorial before they ever arrived at Pearl Harbor. But when I called, they said..no, they get them when you arrive.

I guess we will all find out when we get there!!!!

Sorry I wasn't clear about luggage. Yes we will collect our luggage ourselves and take it to our tour bus. Our luggage will travel in the belly of the bus all day on our tour until we are dropped off at the airport.

Because we have done post-cruise tours several times, I am wondering what is the problem you are having with "when you get the tickets for the USS Arizona?" It is a smooth operation no matter who is doing the tour, and they do this year round so all tour companies have their system down to perfection!

Personally, I still would recommend Roberts as opposed to Polynesian Adventures (NCL) and save your self some money.

Taking your luggage from the pick-up point out to the bus isn't a long ways, and there are porters who will take it for you if that is your wish.

Whatever you decide--ENJOY!

Because we have done post-cruise tours several times' date=' I am wondering what is the problem you are having with "when you get the tickets for the USS Arizona?" It is a smooth operation no matter who is doing the tour, and they do this year round so all tour companies have their system down to perfection!

Personally, I still would recommend Roberts as opposed to Polynesian Adventures (NCL) and save your self some money.

Taking your luggage from the pick-up point out to the bus isn't a long ways, and there are porters who will take it for you if that is your wish.

Whatever you decide--ENJOY![/quote']

Thanks...I am almost sure we will go with Roberts. I don't really have a problem...just read one person's story about how it took them a long time once they got to the Memorial and they didn't have a real great time doing whatever it was that they did while waiting.

There are 6 of us on this trip together including my MIL and FIL who has some muscular problems. I worry about him always and just thought if they didn't have to lug the baggage out themselves, that would be a perk. But like you said...if it is an issue, we can get porters to take it for us since we will all be lugging our own.

I am doing a lot of the footwork for our excursions so I just want to make sure of what I am getting and want it to be great especially since it will be 2 other couples as well.

Thank you so much for your help....this board has been invaluable to me in planning!!!

Archived