Galveston Hilton or Holiday Inn on the Seawall??

realmccoy

Ok, I booked the Holiday Inn months ago as they offer free parking and a shuttle to the port. I did hear that the shuttle is usually packed and it is hard to get a ride back to the hotel after the cruise. Then I got a deal for the Hilton...same price. So now I have both booked! How is the Hilton? Any issues with the transportation to the port and back? Thanks for your thoughts and oppinions.

Hilton was the same way...Packed (people on laps of others) and took 1 1/2 hours to get shuttle back to get car We were so mad....hotel was great though....the next year we stayed @ the Hilton and parked @ the Port !!!

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at Hilton last year, and the hotel is nice. We heard that the shuttle service is slow picking up at the terminal. Also, I was skeptic about the security of the parking lot as I heard they use one away from the hotel. So... I paid Lighthouse to park and do not regret it. The lot has great security and Lighthouse shuttle is quick to and from the ship terminal. $50 is worth it for peace of mind for me.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn 3 years ago, and I didnt think the shuttle was bad at all. Going to the boat, we took the first available shuttle time, and I dont remember it being all that crowded. After the cruise, we just missed the first shuttle back to the hotel, and had to wait for the next one, but it didnt seem all that bad a wait. Not sure if its better or worse these days.:)

Hello! We are staying at the Hilton in Galeveston and planning on using the shuttle. From what I read, it appears to work that you "book" your shuttle time with the hotel? Is that correct? Should we wait to get to the hotel on the day before the cruise or can you do it prior to check in? Or do people go down and wait in line to be shuttle over? Thanks for any info!

Debbie

Hello! We are staying at the Hilton in Galeveston and planning on using the shuttle. From what I read, it appears to work that you "book" your shuttle time with the hotel? Is that correct? Should we wait to get to the hotel on the day before the cruise or can you do it prior to check in? Or do people go down and wait in line to be shuttle over? Thanks for any info!

Debbie

You sign up when you get there so ask when you check in and do it right away. Sometime they just have a shuttle book sitting out and other times they will have it behind the desk. We are coming in two days before so it should be easy for us.

Thanks for all the replies.

You sign up when you get there so ask when you check in and do it right away. Sometime they just have a shuttle book sitting out and other times they will have it behind the desk. We are coming in two days before so it should be easy for us.

Thanks for all the replies.

Thanks for the info and head's up!!!

Archived