Coral Princess-Mini-Suites and Decks

Bonnie-Jean

I have read that the inside space of all mini-suites on the Coral are the same (except the AFs). We had an AA (B231) and the balcony was completely covered with room for 2 longe chairs (we asked to steward for them). With the round table, we had to move things around to get to them, but they were sure nice.

We have booked a mini-suite on the Coral Princess -D503 (AB) was is the difference between that and say the Baja deck which is AA?

Thanks

Bonnie

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=154205&highlight=coral+balcony

5d8c.jpg?phbwYUCBKpVETZql

9a4a.jpg?phQxYUCB6mcpYR6D

Founds these 2 pictures of a mini suite on the Coral. Belongs to CC member crusdiva

Bonnie -Jean

Minisuites are the same square footage regardless of the deck. The difference between AB on Dolphin deck and minis on Baja is just the actual numbers of decks up on the ship and location on the deck.

In this case if you ask me, you're actually better off on Dolphin Deck as you're midships. Baja minis are higher up and forward.

Thing to remember (and it doesn't apply so much to the larger vessels), the lower you are, the less roll you get. The closer to midships you are the less pitch fwd and back you get.

So you ask why did we go to minisuites and balcony staterooms. Only the mystic with the crystal ball can tell.

I went through the tail end of a hurricane (with stabilizers not activated due to the fuel crisis) going from Honolulu to Suva, Fiji many years ago. While there were many upper deck passengers walking around with white paloured faces the next day leaning over the railing and talking to the blue Pacific, those of us cheap university students sequestered in the bowels of the ORIANA on G deck were quite fine.

I would say you're stateroom selection is good midships where you are. Cheers and...

Ciao for now!!!

Captain Ron

Thanks so much for the information and your comments about the Coral Princess. This will be out 3rd cruise and I still have a million questions. I guess every cruise is a learning process.:confused:

Bonnie

Bonnie,

We are booked in D-504 on the Coral for our 10/5/05 sailing. I did a search on Cruise Critic for this cabin number, and found some very helpful insights - have you done the same? When are you sailing - I've heard the Coral is a beautiful ship!

Carla

Hi Carla

We are sailing on the Coral Princess March 14, 2006. We just got off the Sun Princess after 10 days and now have something to look forward to so that helped with the cruise withdrawal that we all go thru. I tried starting a roll call for March 14, but no one has responded as of this date.

Everyone has told me that the Coral is really nice so I am looking forward to it. We had a full suite on the Sun so I am really curious about the mini-suite we will have on the Coral. Just as long as the closet is big enough and the bathroom is larger than a regular cabin I will be OK.;)

Bonnie

Archived