dolphin deck mini-suites, grand princess

ggrizzy

We reserved 2 minisuites on an April 2004 sailing and had a magnificent cruise!! We tool the extra minisuite for our older teenage daughters since we were fortunate to make the reservations during a flash promotion and the rates were most attractive. The accomodation is well represented on the Princess website in terms of realism. If you feel you would enjoy thr extra space go for it! If you are the type of traveler who uses the cabin to sleep, shower and change a regular balcony cabin may meet your needs. The only thing I would be sure to check is the location of the minisuite. The one and only complaint I have is that on the Grand Princess all the minisuites are on the Dolphin Deck. We had Cabins 528 and 530 (Both AA category) and on the days the ship was in port we awoke early in the morning to the grinding sound of the tenders being lowered into the water since they were just one deck below. It was a minimal inconvenience, but an annoyance nontheless. Good luck!

What is a flash promotion and how do you find out about it? We're already booked on the Golden 8-20 thru a travel agent. I have checked various websites and have seen that several cabins available.I never had put too much faith in their prices but after seeing these posts it is inspiring me to do some searching. Is there a particular website to check for price reductions? I'm not sure its ok to mention a particular website. Thanks for any help

Archived