Travel Channel--Radiance of the Seas

Great Cruises: Radiance of the Seas

Get ready for a week of wonder on a cruise from Juneau to Ketchikan, onboard the Royal Caribbean's amazing vessel. Uncover the challenges of running this massive cruise ship and navigating its 90,000 tons of steel through the chilly Alaskan waters.

April 8, 2005 7:00 pm ET

Debbie-OP, thanks for the reminder! That particular show, about the Radiance, is a re-run, that I already have on tape. I LOVE it! We are going to Alaska on the Radiance in June, and I have watched that tape over and over! LOL I get on my Gazelle and do my exercising while watching it. I think it was actually filmed 1 or 2 years ago, but it's great to see the port cities and the beautiful ship. I especially like the part where you get to see the kitchen and the chefs taste testing the food they've made!:) Thanks again for posting.

Amanda

The travel channel does have shows about cruising once in awhile but as akh40 points out most of them are reruns. Doesn't seem to be many (or any) new shows. I have my TIVO watching for them if there are.

One would think that the cruise lines would be anxious to have new specials/shows out there promoting their brand. Seems like RCI has a deal with the travel channel. I don't think I've seen any show about a non-RCI ship other than Disney and ResidenSea.

Archived