Pride 3 Day NY-NY Sept. 16-19th Guest List

Martita B.

Sailors~~~~thought I would start a new Guest List. Those that have booked, please post your name or initials.

Those I know have booked:

Martita B.

John B.

M.S.

A.W.

E.& M. G.

Adolfo & Missy

James

E.& F.

Mcboo

Jane, et al

Hopefully P.R.

I know I've left off a few......my mind hasn't been working the past couple of days......too tired from "havin' 12 days of fun and frolic on the Atlantic!"

"La Docle Vita!"

Martita

Welcome Back, and like the true blue Seabournite you are, thinking about the next adventure! We'll be there!

Jane (2 weeks to the Legend in Monte Carlo and 3 weeks to meeting the LaPalomas and CruiseBunnies in Barcelona)

Sailor's~~~Let me correct the dates: Sept. 15th-18th (sorry)

Jane~~~well, not my next adventure, as I have several booked and planned...as well as a couple of land journey's. Like my Mother told me, "be sure and re-new your Passport, you sure don't wanta stay home!" but the "Gilligan's Island Three Day Tour" is a very significant 3 day cruise, in the lives of many Seabourn-ites! Toooo much fun! Great Sailor's meet and greet~~~~

Have fun on the Legend~~~it's a wonderful ship also! (only one sink, though, in the bath) I believe that was a Trivia question at one time.

Miss Martita

GOOD NEWS!

As I visited yesterday with Herman's nephew, who lives in Glendale, Az., he and his wife want to book our "Gilligan's Island Tour" too! I had not met him, but, Herman spoke of him so often with mucho affection. I felt like I was visitin' with Prince Herman, himself!

So, we'll add M/M T. to our guest list!

A question? Do we want to bring a "gag gift" this year for our exchange? Last year we had a un-hosted party after dinner, in the Club and exchanged silly gifts. Everyone had a grrrreat time! It doesn't matter to me~~~'yall decide.

Have a safe and happy week!

Martita B.

Sailor's~~~~The "Gilligan's Island Three Day Tour" has indeed SOLD OUT!

Since I arrived home, last Sat., I have received numerous e-mails from good friends wanting to book the 3-Day, NY-NY........what do I tell them? There's simply no more Suites left.

Also, our 2006 Pride "Tickled Pink" Crossing has SOLD OUT!

I would very much like to book a Med. voyage for this summer, but right now I just can not think of AIRPORTS! (I heard it is to become worse! YIKES!)

Happy Seabourn Sails~~~~

Martita

Correction~~~~~The 2006 Pride Crossing has NOT sold out.......sorry

The more expensive suites are still available~~~~as magical as the Crossing is and has been, these suites are well worth the money.

For those who enjoy Ports (as my Brother does) a Crossing may not be a desired

voyage......I enjoy the wonderful sea days and being with friends and just "hangin out" but many Sailors want to explore and see different "far off" places.

Each of us to our own!

Happy Trails 'n Sails

Martita

Referring back to a party night on the Gilligan's Island cruise..it sounds like a delightful time. Now, do the gag gifts have a theme? I have never been that clever when left to my own devices, but then, I do have a few months!

Jane

Or, now that I have been thinking a bit, perhaps we could figure out some sort of 'event' that might benefit our favorite crew? We could bring an 'entrance fee' of something that might be hard for them to obtain. Here again, my cleverness is most lacking, but perhaps we can come up with something clever.

Jane

Jane~~~as our time will be so limited I will not be hosting a party. Last year

we just "celebrated everybody's birthdays", but there was not time for a real gala. We do bring "goofy hats for the "sail-a-bration!" Perhaps streamers, too.

The 1st night is packed full, the 2nd night is formal and the 3rd night, we pack!

Your idea sounds excellent! You may want to share this idea on your upcoming Legend voyage~~~~

Have fun!

Martita

Yes, that's a good idea! I knew the "petite" Grand Voyage was too short for you to host a gala, I will pack some streamers! When I was little we used to see relatives off on the Queen of Bermuda and tossed them and cheered as the boat sailed away.

Jane (thought streamers were no longer used because of bio-degradeability)

Jane~~~I usually pack some "celebration bubbles!" They're fun for Sail Away........Especially wearing our goofy hats! With the band playin', dancin',

sailing away, and blowing bubbles, how much better can it possibly get?

Who wants to grow up anyway? Or stay in reality?

'lest we forget, later doesn't come for everyone!

M.B.

Sailor's~~~Just saw on T.V. that the 'old series of Gilligan's Island will be returning

June 8th~~~~goody!

Oh, and let's plan on meeting at the Sky Bar after our muster drill.......those that would

enjoy wearing "goofy hats", bring one. I'm bringing some 'lit bottles of celebration

bubbles! (wedding type ones) I'll also pack a cute hat for Miss A.

I hope that E.G. brings his very appropriate TURKEY hat! I'll probably be wearing my

regular, everday longhorns, with the silver tiara!

James, you decide what you'd like to wear! Carumba!

We'll be faces that launch 1,0000's of ships!

Martita

• 2 weeks later...

Martita -- you're a riot. Wish I was sailing away with you guys for your fun little NY waterways cruise. I'll be there watching you guys sail-away. I live just a few blocks from the NYC Passenger terminal. I'm DYING to get on one of those Seabourn ships...but also saving to buy a house. SOMEDAY!!! Saw the Legend ( I think) when I was down in Barbados in March. sigh

Enjoy! I'll be waving from the shore.

Darren~~~WELCOME !!

Check out the 7 Day Seabourn cruises to the Caribbean. Both the Pride and the Legend have wonderful, afforable sailings, usually in Nov. and Dec. If you consider once youpay with your credit card, then board, there are NO additional charges. With the exception of the Spa and the Gift Shoppe. Any thing and everything 'yore 'lit heart desires....it's a bargain! My Brother and I use to compare a glitzy Carib Resortto

Seabourn.......the "G.Resort" provides ONLY the room! Not 6* wine, food, service, entertainment, and NOT super grrreat, fun "playmates!" As I am a "solo" Sailor, I always book a "run of the ship" suite. And usually pay 110%! Which is very reasonable.

Pleeeeze save up a 'lit "Seabourn fun and phooey" fund and come join us! Our Pride March Crossings are "regular hoots!" Loads of fun......I host themed galas and there's never a dull moment! Many of the other Guests host parties, as well. Next March, the party theme is, "Tickled Pink"...........the Guests will all wear pink! (I'm already working on my "outfit"......surely hope I don't look like a flamigo!)

I've a few surprises"up my sleeve" for this Crossing~~~~Carumba!

We would love to have you join us!

Happy Trails and Sails

Martita B.

Martha, er Martita, I didn't notice this thread until just now, we were away on a b-2-b on Oceania's Insignia for 31 days, and, almost all the activity on this thread was posted while we were away.

I also noticed you did not have us, Fran & Anthony, on your opening guest list, even though I opened the very modestly successful roll-call thread for the b-2-b, the combo British Isles and transatlantic crossing, 8/28, and the three day New York Waterways.

To conclude here, we'll celebrate our silver plus 40% gold as we disembark on the 19th. Perhaps you can arrange, with your Seabourn influence, that we dine with you and T.T.S. on the 18th.

Happy trails!!!

Martita -- I've kept a keen eye on those Caribbean sailings. You don't have to sell me on the value. I totally agree. As for next March...we'll be back on the Constellation in March with some friends. As we've only been on one cruise...I like to think we're working our way UP to Seabourn. I'm 35 and my boyfriend is 29, so I plan on having a LOT of cruises to look forward too. Thank goodness we didn't wait any longer for our first cruise.

anthony~~~OH, I did forget you and Fran......I guess I thought you would come right behind me and post! I am so sorry!! The day that I wrote that, I had just returned home from my March 11th-April 1st "jaunt" and I was worn out!

Why don't we wait a couple of months and start a brand new thread.

As I will be sailing with about 10 or so friends Sept. 16th-19th, we might decide to have a 'lit celebration party up in the Constellation Lounge the night of the

18th......that will be a formal evening. Perhaps after dinner drinks......I'll be staying on the ship up to Quebec. And possibly another 7 days back to NY.

Welcome Home!

Martita

Darren,

Like Miss Martha has said. Start that Seabourn fund. You will not be disappointed.

We all have a great time. Once you sail Seabourn you find it very hard to go back to the mass market lines.

Hope to see you and your partner on a future Seabourn sailing.

mcboo:):):)

mcboo~~~Well, guess what? I think that our good sailing buddy, Miss Pat will be meeting us in NY on Sept. 16th! A realllll reunion.

Thought you'd enjoy knowing this!

We're gonna have us a grrrreat, Pride-ful sailing!

Martita

McBoo and Martita -- Thanks for the encouragement. I certainly will have to begin that Seabourn savings account. Too bad there's no NY waterways cruise in 2006...sounds like so much fun. I'll just have to take a different one. Many of the caribbean cruises sound fantastic. But then again, so does the Amazon cruise, Norway, and being out in the middle of the Indian Ocean. I'm such an addict now.

Hope to see you guys someday. I'll keep lurking until then.

Darren~~~Can you recommend a small hotel fairly close to the Cruise Pier in New York? I few of us will fly up the day before and would enjoy staying in a smaller-type hotel. We are hosting a dinner party on Sept. 15th, but will simply not worry about the location of the restaurant.....we'll just buy extra life insurance and "hail a Cab!" hahaha

Do start the "Yachts of Seabourn" fund......find a 'lit cruise ship bank and "fill it up to the brim!" (I'll send you some left over Euros's!)

Thanks for a suggestion!

Martita

The Hudson hotel is nice AND close by to the Passenger Terminal. The new Mandarin Oriental is pretty luxe, but certainly not small. The Kitano is nice, across town, but wouldn't take long to get to terminal on a Thursday afternoon. If you have any other ideas on type you are looking for, let me know and I'll see what I can think up. Anywhere in Manhattan should be pretty easy to get to terminal, actually.

Anthony~~~I will not be able to Cross from London to N.Y. this Sept. I will be in Milan (for a wedding) on Sept. 3rd......flying over Aug. 31, returning Sept. 7th.

I will unpack.....repack and head back up to N.Y. on the 15th!

I'm disappointed, but need to be at the wedding......soooo

In a couple of months, lets start a new thread as to "The Gilligan's Island 3 Day Tour".......I've not even counted the ones that I know that have booked, have you? It's gonna be a "full boat" this year! As last year!

Martita

Archived