Hair Dryer

KBdancer4

I will be traveling on Voyager of the Seas this summer and was wondering what people recommend for hair dryers. I have long thick hair and was wondering if the hair dryers on the ship work good or will it take me half my day to get it dry?

I have never sailed on that particular ship, but I've not yet had a good experience with a blow dryer that's been provided by any ship. I love to pack as light as possible, but a blow dryer is one item I never leave to chance.

I have never sailed on that particular ship, but I've not yet had a good experience with a blow dryer that's been provided by any ship. I love to pack as light as possible, but a blow dryer is one item I never leave to chance.

I agree!

Also, even if the hairdryer is a decent one, they're always stuck to the bathroom wall, so if you're SO is taking a shower, you can't dry your hair. I wonder what genius thought up that one! LOL!

Jane

It's always been my experience that the hair dryer is in the main part of the cabin, and NOT in the bathroom.

In any case, they're not very powerful, so if your hair is long and/or thick, you're probably better off bringing your own.

T

I have short hair (collar length) and the dryer was no good even for me! On Princess it's by the vanity, Carnival in the bathroom. Either way, they're not even as efficient as the built-in hotel ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely bring your own hair dryer. I made the mistake of thinking I would be okay with the one in the cabin. Took forever to dry and had this annoying high pitch....okay...I admit...was taking sooo long to dry I started mimicing the high pitch and that was the really annoying part ;)

Next cruise the first item in the suitcase is my hairdryer

Took forever to dry and had this annoying high pitch....okay...I admit...was taking sooo long to dry I started mimicing the high pitch and that was the really annoying part ;)

Next cruise the first item in the suitcase is my hairdryer

LOL! I can see me doing that!! :D

I have long, thick and curly hair. I have always used the ship supplied dryers without problems. I would much rather have a lighter load to carry in my suit cases! I also realize that in the humidity, it wouldn't matter what I do, my hair is never going to look great. So, I guess it depends on how fussy your hair is and how much time you are willing to put in. Personally, I just throw my hands in the air during a cruise. LOL

Archived