Hair Dryer ?

I will be traveling on Voyager of the Seas this summer and was wondering what people recommend for hair dryers. I have long thick hair and was wondering if the hair dryers on the ship work good or will it take me half my day to get it dry?

The hairdryers on the ship are located at the vanity in the cabin drawer, not in the bathroom, so the first thing you need to do is get used to that set up. The lighting is hard for make-up I think, so you will need to get ready in two places. Even if you bring your dryer, you cannot plug it in the in bathroom.

Having said that, the dryers are powerful and hot, but they do overheat, so you may find that you have to stop and let it cool down, or help it along by blowing into the barrel to cool it down faster to resume your drying. And this is my experience with short/medium hair and brush styling.

Now I am in the same quandry this time since I would love not taking the dryer with me, but I am just not sure if I can take the stop and start of the ones in the cabin again. Plus you have to hold the dryer on with your finger, which is do-able, as there is no on/off switch.

Now that I am writing this, and I too have let my hair grow, I will probably take my dryer with me...again.

I have long thick naturally curly hair...the blow dryer on the Voyager is only 1500 watts. I need at least 1875 watts. I always bring my own dryer. And, like the previous post said, the dryer is in the drawer at the vanity and the lighting is not that good.

If you have the room, bring your own dryer.

I bring a power strip so I can plug in my hair dryer, flat iron and curling iron at the same time! I also bring a lighted mirror becaue the previous posts are correct, the lighting on the vanity is not very good!

Happy Cruising!!

I've only cruised DCL thus far but it has a similar set-up w/no outlet available in the bathroom so I bring an extension cord and plug it into the vanity. I use it for my hair-dryer and curling iron and we use it to recharge the camera and video camera batteries as well

Archived