QM2 tA 17th engine problem

southwestie

Recived an update Wednesday morning from a friend on board -

"Yes, engine troubles apparently. They appear to have sorted it out now. The captain mentioned it in his midday announcements on Monday and Tuesday. They didn't adjust their course at all! Kept on careening out into the open ocean despite the problems. Apparently it will have no impact on our arrival time into NYC."

"Yes, engine troubles apparently. They appear to have sorted it out now. The captain mentioned it in his midday announcements on Monday and Tuesday. They didn't adjust their course at all! Kept on careening out into the open ocean despite the problems.

I'm not surprised - there is nothing out there. The QM2 could turn sideways for the rest of the voyage and not hit anything during a transatlantic.

We are moving well 22 knots,we only stopped for 30 minutes on tuesday so arrival is on time into nyc

we did meet a huge ship on tuesday evening, it was all lit up and I would say maybe 4 miles away, but im not good on distance and at night, it was great to see the ship though, a cargo ship-but we are not alone lol

I was on. And up at 7:30 Monday morning. I noticed no noise out of the ordinary nor that the ship had stopped. It did travel slowly on and off the next few days. No one I met mentioned anything and our table mates would have if they had noticed. Maybe we're unobservant. Or not overly taken to drama.

A Lot of people did not that we had stopped, odd as we floated in silence for 20 minutes each time.

the return so far is very smooth and so far no problems.

The captain did mention it both days and again at all the world club parties

Hey, could you do me a favour. Is there anything major going on in the daily program at 14:00 each day. I'm trying to confirm the best time for a roll call M&G. I think 14:00 is good because it's straight after lunch and doesn't cut into afternoon tea.

...I think 14:00 is good because it's straight after lunch and doesn't cut into afternoon tea.

Good thinking - but remember that, in that short interval between organised eating, a lot of people will want to be putting in some serious buffet time in the Kings Court. :eek:

J

Hey, could you do me a favour. Is there anything major going on in the daily program at 14:00 each day. I'm trying to confirm the best time for a roll call M&G. I think 14:00 is good because it's straight after lunch and doesn't cut into afternoon tea.

Around 2-15 to 2-30 there are generally some lectures and bingo - at least I found that most people would rush off from lunch with something to do around that time.

I looked up the Daily Programme for 20th March when we were en route to Nha Trang. Between 2pm and 2-30 the following were listed:

Hostess Corner - Needlework

Watercolour Art Class

Duplicate Bridge session with instructor

Social Bridge and Whist

Canyon Ranch lecture

Jackpot Bingo

Shuffleboard tournament

Computer Seminar.

• 3 months later...

Archived