Transatlantic--foreward or aft?

bzv143

Getting ready to book a cabin on Norwegian Sun for a Denmark to USA transatlantic next September to celebrate DH's 60th. Need help! Should I book a foreward or aft suite? Will the aft be just as windy as a foreward? Any suggestions on a great suite to choose? Right now the choice is terrific, so I want to grab, grab, grab. THANKS!!! :o

Getting ready to book a cabin on Norwegian Sun for a Denmark to USA transatlantic next September to celebrate DH's 60th. Need help! Should I book a foreward or aft suite? Will the aft be just as windy as a foreward? Any suggestions on a great suite to choose? Right now the choice is terrific, so I want to grab, grab, grab. THANKS!!! :o

Forward is only (more) desirable when docked in port for extended periods of time. Once moving, the Aft is the way to go. Not to mention that the motion in the ocean will be felt more up front than in the back.

Don't forget it's Westbound so any true aft suites would be in shade after noon..

If you mean side aft then as others have said less pitch movement but look where you are likely to be going to/from on the ship and choose nearest that stairwell/elevator bank!

Also westbound you would want port side to get best sun

We have been in both an Owners Suite [forward facing] and Penthouse [aft]. For a transatlantic I would NOT consider a forward suite....the balcony would be downright inhospitable at cruising speeds in the open ocean. Aft is very protected....you don't feel "weather." The forward suites get quite a bit of bumps up and down when there are swells. We did experience some 'vibration' in the aft suite. Hope this helps.

Archived