A Matter Of Time

djs263875

My cruise itinerary says we will port back in Galveston at 8:00am. My question is if do self-assist or self-debarkation would I be able to make a flight out of Houston Hobby at noon or is that cutting it too close? Any thoughts are appreciated!

If everything goes as planned you would be able to make it. I have cruised out of Galveston many times as I live north of Houston and most of the time I am home by 10:00. But if the ship is late getting in, customs holds up the ship, your transportation is late getting to the port, etc. you will be cutting it close. I would not be taking the cruise ships transportation because I think the buses wait until they are full to leave. I could be wrong. I would have private transportation lined up to pick me up.

Maybe someone that has had to fly will weigh in and let you know their experience.

I figured the cruise ship transfers were out. I was thinking about booking Super Shuttle to pick us up at the cruise terminal by 9:00am. I thought that would put us at Houston Hobby by 10-10:30am with time to get to our flight that leaves at noon. Does anyone have experience with Super Shuttle? Are they reliable and on time?

Again, thanks for any help!

My cruise itinerary says we will port back in Galveston at 8:00am. My question is if do self-assist or self-debarkation would I be able to make a flight out of Houston Hobby at noon or is that cutting it too close? Any thoughts are appreciated!

When is your cruise? Fog is a very real possibility for a delay in Galveston for a large portion of the year. If all goes perfect, it shouldn't be a problem. Two of my three cruises from Galveston had some sort of delay that would have caused you to miss that 12:00 flight.

Are you looking at Southwest out of Hobby? Since they don't charge a change fee, you could always book a later flight and then see about getting on an earlier one once you get to the airport.

Archived