WE love to snorkel

cyndeeee

We will be in Cozumel in Dec of this year, and we have been to Chankab Park (sp) and we just found out there will be six outher cruise ships in port that day.

We'd like to snorkel then do a little shopping..should we go with a tour, or rent a car and snorkel on our own? thank you

Hop in a cab and head to Dzul Ha. Cab fare is just $7 from any pier, for up to 4 passengers. No entry fee and the snorkeling is better than at Chankanaab. Then another cab into town for shopping. Much easier and more economical than renting a car.

I'd do exactly what Sally suggest. Also, the shopping along the waterfront and around the Plaza is usually a little more expensive than what you will find a few blocks away. Walking is Cozumel is quite safe and you should be able tohave a great time without hurrying.

I have to go with CozSally and BruceR. Cozumel is one of the easiest stops to got it on your own. Paradise Beach, Dzul-Ha, Chankanaab, just to name a few, can be had for the price of a taxi and in some cases, a small entry fee. The same goes for shopping. Take a taxi to a store on the west side of town and shop your way back to the ship. It's all great.

Have a great trip and eat a shrimp for me.:D

Clackey

P.S. Slip back towards the middle of town if you want to see real stores and pick up some good deals.

Archived