What "extras" do I have to pay for???

I'm researching rignt now. I'd like to take my family on another cruiseline. Royal's dreamworks interests me for my kids. Can you tell me besides the cruise and tips what extras I would have to pay for??? Soda, Pictures (obviously), any dining? etc.

What immediately comes to mind are: Liquor, Gambling, Pictures taken by the ships photographer, Shore Excursions, Specialty Restaurants

Add to list non-standard beverages. Especially fresh squeezed juices at breakfast and milkshakes at Johnny Rockets. Also fancy coffee (espresso, lattes, etc..) in MDR or Seattle's Best items. Also in MDR there is an upgraded steak option that has extra charge.

Also extra cost are spa offerings.

Room service has a service charge from midnight to 5am but is otherwise invcluded in cruise cost.

You dont "have" to pay for anything extra. There are plenty of included beverages. It is not necessary to eat in specialty restaurants when perfectly fine food is included in the MDR.

We don't drink or gamble. We only buy one photo. Our Sea Pass bill for our family of four is always under $100 total, excluding tips and money spent ashore.

You dont "have" to pay for anything extra.
True, as long as you don't order it or accept something there is a charge for when offered. Far too often they are not really clear about that until they ask for SeaPass card. Knowing what will have a charge before hand helps avoid actually having to pay for things.

Another gotcha with kids.... the arcade.

Your cruise fare includes all you will need (food in the MDR and the eateries

like Sorrentos, cafe Promenade). Most of the extra charges are incurred

when you have an option like soda, drinks, fresh squeezed OJ, ice cream at Ben & Jerrys, Specialty coffees and restaurants.

Other than your gratuities which the amount is up to you, there is nothing you have to pay for. The iced tea, lemonade, punch is perfectly fine and is

freely available everywhere on the ship. Most of the larger ships now have free

soft serve ice cream at the pool area. Temptation for the foo-foo drinks with the cutesy umbrellas will be all around you as well the extras of the soda, wine package, specialty restaurants, excursions, bingo etc. The shows are

free. having travelled on cruises for a long time I sometimes think its a joke

how the cruiselines encourage you to book and when they get you and you have paid - then you walk on the ship and they want you to pay some more for all that have available as "extras".

If you ever check out the travel channel they showcase cruiselines. The cruise staff often speak of how the pressure is on the staff to "sell,sell, sell"

because the cruises are very expensive to run and they have to sell a certain number of drinks and make a certain amount of money on the sailing to break even. just remember: you are not obligated to buy anything.

You dont "have" to pay for anything extra. There are plenty of included beverages. It is not necessary to eat in specialty restaurants when perfectly fine food is included in the MDR.

We don't drink or gamble. We only buy one photo. Our Sea Pass bill for our family of four is always under $100 total, excluding tips and money spent ashore.

This is so true, and I keep on having to remind myself that I don't have to break the bank thinking I need $1,000 to spend on my cruise. It's just not necessary, enjoy what you have already paid for and don't feel obligated to by anything extra if you don't want.:)

Archived