What resort is this?

whival

We've been on a catamaran snorkel last cruise and it was fabulous, but this time we are hitting the beach. We found $40 each for all day at the resort, didn't see anything cheaper. We've heard there are food vendors on the beach where we can get an awesome fresh fish sandwich for $3.00. We didn't want to screw around n miss out, we booked with http://www.barbadoscruiseexcursions.com and have our resort day guaranteed. We used these guys before and had a great tour. Ill post pics when we get back from our cruise

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Blogger but as I said, I called to verify this beach break with the Hilton before I booked it and they work with Island Marketing in Barbados and Bahamas Hilton properies. I don't think that this company is going to send you to some random location, they offer tours all over the Caribbean, and if do a little research on Cruise Critic or any other travel forum, they have excellent reviews.

I think for us its the perfect lcoation, I like going to a resort that I know I would have good food and drinks and should be clean.

As for the boatyard, there are some not so nice reviews on tripadvisor where people got sick from the food:eek: I'd rather pay a little more then take a chance, especially when it comes to my kids

We have gone on many cruises and the one thing we have learned is to research everything for ourselves. A lot of times people that live in a country you are visiting will have lopsided information as they are the owners of a business or they are best buddies with an owner of a business.

I am on vacation, and I just want to make the best decision for us so that we have a great day during our short time in each country.

We look at trip advisor and also cruise critic for peoples experiences and when i ready stuff like this, it's enough for me to say....I'll pass:

TRIP ADVISOR / BOATYARD - BARBADOS

Not exactly a relaxing day at the beach...”

x.gifReviewed March 15, 2011

The Boatyard is like an overcrowded frat party, except the crowd is all ages from children to the elderly. If you want to relax keep walking towards the yellow lifeguard stand and you will find yourself at Browne's beach, it's beautiful, free, and much more civilized.

Pros: The staff is friendly. The food and drinks are good and reasonably priced.

Cons: Expect to be harassed throughout the day by people trying to sell you crappy jewelry, jet ski rides and snorkeling trips. If you happen to say "no thank you" they often get hostile including yelling and swearing.

• Visited March 2011

We went with the Hilton day pass that we prebooked online with Island Marketing, and had a fabulous, relaxing day. Happy wife, happy in-laws, and no one harrassed us. We had excellent service and the beach was beautiful and so was the pool. No crowds, high end resort, we would go back in a heart beat.

I had good experiences with online companies and i have bad experiences with some too. I liked Hawaii Cruise Excursions and Barbados Cruise Excursions. They are connected websites and after using one, i was confindent in using them again for our next cruise. I didnt use them for St thomas but i wish we had. We used someone else but im not got to slam that company, our bad experience was our experience, and i would hope they normally offer better customer service. I have also booked with the cruise ships, we book our Maui Haleakala tour with Pride of America, it was expensive and I won't use them again. It felt overpriced. I use what works for me and i have had good experiences with Island Marketing and next cruise, i will use them again.

Archived