Grand Cayman by Land & Sea tour

gt1701a

Has anyone done this tour? This is the one that does the semi-sub, tour of turtle farm, stop at hell, and stop at the rum cake factory.

I'm just looking for reviews of this tour and if you felt it was worth it.

Traveling with a 3 & 4 year old and 2 great-grandmothers so stingray city is out.

Thanks!

I'm also interested in this excursion... read a good review about it somewhere. It's not a lot more money than just the Nautilus, and it (hopeully?) still leaves enough time to do a little browsing in shops/stores near the tender port.

We did it two years ago with a 2 year old. Fun tour, the semi-sub was very cool, "Hell" was neat but somewhat uninspiring (yay! spiky rocks for a half hour). The turtle farm was fantastic for the kid (and I had fun too), and the rum cake factory was...well...a rum cake factory. If you like Tortuga rum cakes (and what's not to like), you can stock up there on fresh ones.

Would we have done it sans kid? Maybe, maybe not, but it was a great way to cram in a whole lot of island in a non-strenuous way. Which is pretty much what we were looking for as my son had a rough time with seasickness during the cruise.

Leaving him at home this time so we can do things like mountain biking, hiking, beach napping, and "go out and have a grown-up night" (the words look familiar, but I can't remember exactly what that is).

Bottom line, yeah, we had a good time.

thanks for the review. yes, excursions are definitely different with little ones in tow - we would probably go snorkeling at Eden Rock or do something else, but I figured this was a good way to hit the highlights.

Archived