Carnival emergency number?

Lydia B.

Friends,

Carnival used to supply a card in their cruise documents that had an emergency number. You simply gave the card to your friends or relatives at home in case there was a problem and they needed to get hold of you.

Is there still an emergency number? The only one I saw in my docs. was one where you the passenger was traveling and there was perhaps a problem with a delay of your plane. Thanks, Lydia of Ohio

They used to put the cards in the travel docs that you could just cut out and give to family members. Now there is just a page in the docs under "Important Reminders" which states:

It is always comforting to know that you can be easily reached on your vacation if your family or friends need you. Your party will need a major credit card, ship name and your name before dialing 1-877-CCL-SHIP (1-877-225-7447). If calling from outside the U.S., please call 1-732-335-3284. Calls to Carnival ships are $9.50 per minute, but remember that long distance charges might also apply. American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Diners Club and Discover are accepted.

Page 3, Important Reminders

Communicating with the Ship

It is always comforting to know that you can be easily reached on your vacation if your family or friends need you, etc etc etc.

1-877-CCL-SHIP (1-877-225-7447). Calls to Carnival ships are $9.50 per Minute.

What I would recommend is, if its a Serious Emergency, Have a Family member get a hold of American Red Cross, they will shoot an AMCROSS Message to the ship via their Message system, the ship get it right away and you get Paged on the ship Asap.

AMCROSS Messages are sent to Naval ships out at sea to let us Sailors know if there are Emergencies at home. I have seen them on our Naval ships about issues as small as the Family car broke down and they need money to get it repaired, or Im Due to give birth in 3 days hurry home !!!

Archived