Going along for the ride - Stingrays?

Flytanya

My mom is not sure she wants to join us on the Stingray excursion. If she doesn't get into the water, will the boat she's sitting on be rocking on the water? She's ok on the ship, but worried about the little boat. We plan to book a catamaran in hopes that would be better for her. I'm hoping she'll get into the water, but in case she doesn't - what's it like to sit on the boat and watch?

THANKS!!!

I'm sure it will depend on the weather, but when we went my daughter stayed on the boat the second snorkle stop and said it was fine. She was tired and just enjoyed sunning on the front of the boat while the rest of us snorkled.

She might want to take a pill before hand, just in case. Unlike your Mom, my son is prone to motion sickness, even on a big ship! In Grand Cayman, we forgot to give him a pill since it was a port day, and he got sick on the tender!:eek: And, it was a calm day.

I was fine on the big boat but got a little seasick on the tour to Stingray City--it's a good 45 minute ride. The boat does rock quite a bit because I stayed on it for the second reef stop and I think that did me in. 1 girl threw up--I'd take a dramamine

Archived