Dawn Bon Voyage Gift--QUESTION

greenie

I just ordered a bon voyage gift (not though NCL) for my BF who will be on the Dawn in May. The only thing is that the Dawn leaves on a Sunday and the store it is coming from is not open on Sunday--therefore they are having to deliver it to the pier on Saturday.

Is this going to be a problem?? Does NCL have someone at the pier to accept it the day before one of their ships is due?

Will it get onboard OK? Now I am worried.

Greenie,

I dont have an answer for you, but I suggest that you contact NCL with your question. Is it too late to cancel the gift in the event there is no one available to accept it on Saturday? Lastly, I would love to hear your comparision of Royal Caribbean AOS to the Dawn. I cruised RC 8/02 and am just back from the Dawn.

Greenie,

I dont have an answer for you, but I suggest that you contact NCL with your question. Is it too late to cancel the gift in the event there is no one available to accept it on Saturday? Lastly, I would love to hear your comparision of Royal Caribbean AOS to the Dawn. I cruised RC 8/02 and am just back from the Dawn.

SummerRenee, the store told me that if there is no one from NCL at the pier to accept it on Saturday, it would go back to the store and my CC credited. Which I would of course keep my eye on--it's an established place, been around almost 90 years. I will call NCL--however, as we all know, I'll prolly get a number of different answers to my question!

I will indeed be interested in the comparison of AOS and the Dawn. I loved my AOS cruise--the only things I didn't love so much was that it seemed kind of impersonal, it was so big and so many people and no one really seemed to mingle or chat as far as I could tell. I wasn't all that impressed with their shopping galleria either--for some reason I'd been expecting a whole bunch of interesting shops. The shops being interesting or not really didn't matter to me--was just a comment.And the being (or seeming) impersonal wasn't a dealbreaker by any means either--I had BF with me and that's who I really wanted to be with, anyway. For all I know, the Dawn will seem a bit impersonal too, but I just don't think it will after reading so many posts to the contrary. Any way you look at it, cruising is the BEST!

I just ordered a bon voyage gift (not though NCL) for my BF who will be on the Dawn in May. The only thing is that the Dawn leaves on a Sunday and the store it is coming from is not open on Sunday--therefore they are having to deliver it to the pier on Saturday.

Is this going to be a problem?? Does NCL have someone at the pier to accept it the day before one of their ships is due?

Will it get onboard OK? Now I am worried.

In NY are you kidding:eek: Just funnin` with yous New Yorkers.

I doubt very much if anyone will be there to take responsibilty.

Spoke with 2 people at NCL--both of whom sounded like they knew what thry were talking about--and was told there is no one from NCL at the pier except on departure/arrival days. So I canceled my order. Oh well! It was worth a try!

Archived