reasonable beach day

6Health7

Hi all,

We have a group of 11 (ages 9-83).

We are looking for a relaxing beach day. Toys would be fun - but alcohol is not a big factor. Maybe if we can buy a beer and some nachos!

I have been reading some posts - but I am wondering if there are any suggestions for an economical beach day in Costa Maya?

Hi all,

We have a group of 11 (ages 9-83).

We are looking for a relaxing beach day. Toys would be fun - but alcohol is not a big factor. Maybe if we can buy a beer and some nachos!

I have been reading some posts - but I am wondering if there are any suggestions for an economical beach day in Costa Maya?

Just catch the Bus down to Mahajual sp?? its like $4 pp down less coming back in Taxis its like 5 minutes away. , There are several places where you can set up "camp" with a large group have a few beers cheap 6 for $10 food is cheap as well and a lovely beach area. now for toys Not sure But I would figure they have some , never paid a lot of attention , never have taken kids, one of our favorite places to go.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at the picture of the cruise port in this webpage..

http://sandalsandskis.com/Cruisers.html

is there a sandy beach at the end of the pier for use? I've got small kids so just some sand and water for them to play in is good enough. While I'm reading and think Tropicante is great, I'd just prefer the convenience of going back and forth from the ship as necessary.

Looking at the picture of the cruise port in this webpage..

http://sandalsandskis.com/Cruisers.html

is there a sandy beach at the end of the pier for use? I've got small kids so just some sand and water for them to play in is good enough. While I'm reading and think Tropicante is great, I'd just prefer the convenience of going back and forth from the ship as necessary.

At the Costa Maya port, there is a beach, chaises, a pool, bars, restaurants, shops etc.

Steve at the Tropicante. We had a wonderful day - we got exactly what Steve had promised - 4 loungers and 2 umbrellas. The food was excellent and reasonably priced, the beach was beautiful. Steve also directed us to Neptuno to see about fishing. We paid $75 for 4 of us to go out fishing. My husband caught a 3 ft barracuda which our guide filleted and took to Steve's to cook for us - it was absolutely amazing in taste!! The best food we had on the trip! I really can't recommend Steve highly enough.

Steve at the Tropicante. We had a wonderful day - we got exactly what Steve had promised - 4 loungers and 2 umbrellas. The food was excellent and reasonably priced, the beach was beautiful. Steve also directed us to Neptuno to see about fishing. We paid $75 for 4 of us to go out fishing. My husband caught a 3 ft barracuda which our guide filleted and took to Steve's to cook for us - it was absolutely amazing in taste!! The best food we had on the trip! I really can't recommend Steve highly enough.

That is a great price for fishing. Was it deep sea or bottom fishing? How long was the excursion?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived