SNUBA, Helmetdive or B.O.B.

jdt14127

I have booked the Bob as an excursion and can't wait even though I am nervous about it but my kids think it will be cool. I don't swim well so anything having to do with water makes me nervous. I tend to be stronger if my kids are there so hopefully I will not have a full blown panic attack lol. :p

We did the BOB tour last week--it is very unnerving because everything is very close to you even though it isn't. You get about 20 minutes doing the BOB. If you are claustrophobic, you may want to reconsider this tour--you have to clear your ears constantly while going down to prevent ear pain--1 lady in our group tried 3 times to go down and finally gave up.

I can't say enough good things about Frank at Coral World Snuba - our family did this excursion and it's a great value. You get admission into Coral World aquariums and can use their facilities (lockers, clean showers & restrooms) for the day. The marine park is adjacent to Coki beach and some great snorkeling. Frank really took time with his instruction and even when mommy dearest (me) panicked and had to surface he managed to talk me back down and we had a wonderful time. He's very attentive to the children and constantly watches to see that they are ok. You can check it out at http://www.visnuba.com. Go to the digital pictures section and click on any one of the dates to check out what it's like.

Our tablemates did the BOB excursion thru Coral World and loved it too they did say the helmets are a little close but they really enjoyed it. If you don't swim this is the way to go because you walk on a path on the bottom and hold on to a chain.

My vote is for the BOB adventure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great crew, do some snorkeling and meet great people from the ship...

It is fun when they break the crackers in front of yor scooter and the fish swarm around you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is the Seatrekin excursion, the same thing as the Helmetdive????? Also, I have tried in every way possible to see if the BOB adventure is available to anyone, or if it is just available through the ship. I have tried contacting them through their "Guest Book", but no one seems to want to answer me. I will be sailing on the Zuiderdam, but BOB is not offered through HAL! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

John

I did it in August 2004, too cool. I had a disposable underwater camera and the girl that led our group took a bunch of pictures. I had to clear my ears twice, was not a big deal for me, though. Yep, that's me:eek: and I've seen 50. Must be the 2nd childhood. ENJOY!BOB1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Sorry, still recovering from last week's cruise. We did not go to a beach on the BOB. The BOB boat left straight from the dock at Havensight to the BOB area - about a 30 minute ride. We were close to a small island, but you could not swim up to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be on the Zuiderdam too and wanted to know if HAL offers the BOB but I cannot find it on their website nor information on the BOB website about how much it costs and how to book it. Anyone know if HAL does BOB (that sounds bad)? How much is BOB?

BOB is fairly expensive, Princess lists it at $199 per person (I think). We went 3 years ago and had a blast. There were about about 25 people on the boat, not crowded at all. You only spend about 20-30 minutes on the BOB, with snorkeling equipment available for off BOB time.

We had a blast, and I'm not sorry I spent the money. There were tons of sea turtles, a barracuda, very colorful fish swimming all around us.

I suggest you bring your own underwater camera (get the kind with the flash), as it is less expensive than the tour ones. The divers that accompanied us were happy to take pictures while we were on the scooters. At my age you need the pictures because the kid would never believe Mom would do that type of thing.

Hi, Rob & Bonnie. The camera is a great idea. That's what I did and the resultant photo above. If all else fails and you can't get a booking before the cruise, ask at your Excursion Desk when you get on. They usually are aware of these items that are sometimes not advertised and cna get you on. ENJOY!

Archived