Jeep rental in Cozumel

Please advise as to the best rates for Jeep rental while in Cozumel. We would like to be able to tour the island on our own, but will want a reasonable and dependable vehicle. Thank you!

Hey There- This is my fav thing to do in Cozumel. When you get off the ship all the rental people are right there with Jeeps, Trackers, and other cars to rent. The price varies from 50.00-75.00 for the day. The drive around the island is beautiful and I highly suggest it. Good Luck!

Tim

I agree, that is the best way to see the beautiful shoreline and visit some beach clubs such as Mr Sancho's and Coconuts. I always use Executive Rental. Jeeps have been $50, 7 px vans $90. There's only one (sometimes two) Pemex gas station on the island in San Miguel.

Check out: http://www.mrsanchos.com

It's kind of a shame that so many go to Cozumel and only see the downtown area and if lucky, one beach.

My DH and I also rented a jeep. Really enjoyed the idea that we could move on or stay longer. Beware that stop signs can be posted on the buildings and not real visible! We nearly hit someone on a bike!:eek: Also allow plenty of time to get gas. Line was longer than we had anticipated.

Has anyone rented a jeep in Grand Cayman? We are thinking about the safari there, but wanted to hear from someone who has done it. (I posted this elsewhere, but didn't get any replies)

Thanks

We've never been to Cozumel before. The jeep safari (not through the ship, but through a private vendor) looks great to us; however, it's going to be more than $400 for our family of four. Renting a jeep would be considerably cheaper, and we could explore at our leisure then go to Paradise Beach for the afternoon.

Which to do? Any opinions would be appreciated.

We rented from American and it was fine....they do however want a credit card for deposit...but only take cash for actual costs....so be ready for that.

It's alot of fun...just remember if you want to put the top down you need sunscreen and reapply often...you also will get dusty so be ready for that..and bring some water you'll need it.

Helpfull hint the island is small so it's tough to get lost. But if you do just drive in the direction the palm trees are pointing...something about the breezes in one direction.

Have Fun

Bill

Archived