Lunch & Breakfast Times

TonyCruise

Are Lunch & Breakfast times in the main dining room fixed? In other words if you have late dinner do you also have late breakfast and lunch? I thought that you did but then I have seen some posts talking about open seating at lunch and breakfast. Or does that mean you have an assigned lunch/breakfst times but not assigned tables?

Thanks,

Tony.

Those two posts say two different things....:confused: I'm going to be on the Celebration in 4 days..and chose late seating for dinner, according to the carnival website, our breakfast is at 9...and lunch at 1:30.....according to the other post, it's open seating.....so which one?? And if it is open seating...what are the times? Thanks.....:cool:

Those two posts say two different things....:confused: I'm going to be on the Celebration in 4 days..and chose late seating for dinner, according to the carnival website, our breakfast is at 9...and lunch at 1:30.....according to the other post, it's open seating.....so which one?? And if it is open seating...what are the times? Thanks.....:cool:

If you would have read the Carnival webpage completely you would have seen:

Hours are subject to change due to conflict of time with port stays or other scheduled activities. On port days, breakfast and lunch may be organized as "open seating", where you may come and go as you please during the set hours and are not obligated to sit at your assigned table.

There are no times for open seating... you can go at anytime during the breakfast and lunch hours.

On the Elation last year it was set times for Breakfast and Lunch depending on whether you had early or late dinner seating times.

As for Open seating, They sit you as you come in the door...your not at the table you are assigned for dinner.

But not once did they ask us when we showed up to the dining room for Breakfast or lunch which seating we have.

So I would say if you have early seating and dont want to eat that early for breakfast or lunch...just go at the later seating and see if they let you in....should be no problem.

I think they just give you those times to keep everyone from going to Breakfast and Lunch in the diningrooms all at the same time.

Another thing is: I never seen it crowded in the dining room at Breakfast or Lunch!

Lori

• 1 month later...

Dayton, you don't know what you're missing! Think fresh, straight from the galley food - not food sitting in steam trays. In the dining room for breakfast they have crisp bacon, freshly cooked eggs any way you want, pancakes right off the griddle, Belgian waffles, Eggs Benedict....oh so good. The breakfast menu is the same every day, BUT there's such a huge variety, and - did I mention freshly prepared?:D

Lunch menu is different every day, and has some wonderful entrees. I particularly like the Mongolian Steak Salad, Chicken Caesar Salad, Babyback Ribs, and all the soups!:)

--------------

BTW, to anybody interested..."Open Seating" simply means unassigned seating. On the Holiday, however, I had my assigned table at all three meals each day. Not so on the Sensation.

Lunch menu is different every day, and has some wonderful entrees. I particularly like the Mongolian Steak Salad, Chicken Caesar Salad, Babyback Ribs, and all the soups!:)

The Mongolian Steak Salad is terrific!!!!! They've served Chilled Orange Sory - a chilled soup that tastes like melted orange sherbet (maybe because it contains orange sherbet - have the recipe). Yummy!

Cotton, now I'm hungry!

I, too, prefer the dining room for breakfast and lunch. It's nice being waited on hand and foot for once.

Archived