Nativeway Tours - Grand Cayman

Jenna109

Definitely book a tour for Falmouth. We didn't, but we figured we'd just walk around and shop, then head back to the ship. There are a bunch of shops right at the pier, all very new and clean, but somewhat repetitive. We ventured outside of the gates of the dock and wow, were we bombarded by people selling everything!! Tours, hair braiding, some illegal substances, etc.!! I had read that it's a little overwhelming, but I didn't really think it would be that crazy out there. We literally walked maybe 20 feet and then turned around and went back. We could only smile and say no thank you so many times.

There are buses inside the gates that will take you on the tours/excursions so you could avoid all of this. We were kind of bummed that we didn't plan anything for this port looking back. It was our first time to Jamaica, but when planning it didn't sound appealing to me to sit in a van for an hour to get to the falls or go over to Montego Bay. Now we know for next time....however, it was nice having a pretty empty ship that day!

We didn't use Nativeway tours....we did a jet ski tour to Stingray city and then some snorkeling. I believe the name is Fat Fish adventures-so much fun!! Jet skiing is not for everyone, especially if there are little kids involved. But I would completely recommend them for adults of all ages :)

Nativeway is the best!! We were late getting off the ship ( had to tender Sucks!!) Nativeway came back and got us!! Andrew and JC took us out to Stingray city and the reef to snorkle. Andrew helped the older ladies off the boat and took time with everyone. We had about 20 on the boat so it was the perfect size group. Big enough to laugh and small enough to get to do extra stuff. Super great Company!!! Sharon even drove us back to the pier. can't say enough about this wonderful company. Thank you Nativeway!!!

Has anyone used this company? We are planning to book their Rays, reef and rum tour - looks like a wonderful day out. Also excellent reviews on Trip Advisor - just wondered if anyone has been:p

book it! it was a blast, if you are into the snorkeling, etc. When you order your meal, get the jerk pork dinner....YUMMY! We are going to Rum Point just to get the jerk pork dinner on our next cruise! Rays, reef, and starfish were fun as well....i just wish we had a little more snorkeling time.

Thank you all so much - will now definitely book Nativeway. Also thanks for information regarding Falmouth - will contact Trevor

Could you post back on here after Nativeway contacts you? I've been trying to get in touch with them for a couple of weeks and no email reply. Which is odd because I've used Nativeway 3x in the past and Sharon is awesome at communicating!

Otherwise, the Rays, Reef, & Rum Point tour with Nativeway is really fabulous! I always recommend this tour with Nativeway to my friends going to Grand Cayman.

Thanks!

Has anyone used this company? We are planning to book their Rays, reef and rum tour - looks like a wonderful day out. Also excellent reviews on Trip Advisor - just wondered if anyone has been:p

We've used Nativeway twice and loved them enough to book it again for our cruise Thanksgiving week this year. They are very reliable and really make sure everyone has a great time.

I've read on other forums that they jump in your pictures and try and convince you to purchase their picture disk at the end? Is this true? I have two fantastic cameras and always prefer to use my own...

We've used them a few times, and have never had that happen. We always bring our digital water camera and take our own pictures. They've actually helped us get the stingrays to swim up into our arms for our pictures. I've never had any of them end up in my pictures.

We've used them a few times, and have never had that happen. We always bring our digital water camera and take our own pictures. They've actually helped us get the stingrays to swim up into our arms for our pictures. I've never had any of them end up in my pictures.

Thanks for that info! We were disappointed in hearing that because their tour looks like a good one!

im really interested in booking this. it mentions a generous picnic lunch and plenty of beverages are included. does this include alcohol?

hey i dont mind them jumping in my pics lol they seem like a fun crew.

do they take you to an area of rum point beach that has a bar / resturant? do they play music on the boat?

hope someone can answer all these questions! thanks everyone :)

My DD and I took this tour on Nov. 1st. It was a fabulous time! No one else booked with us as there were only 2 ships in port due to Hurricane Rina. They took us on the tour with just the 2 of us. We felt very special. No one tried to sell us anything. They didn't take pictures. Lunch was really good fresh fish and included tea. Alcohol is expensive in GC so we skipped it. I gave also been on Captain Marvins which was wonderful but this NW one was even better!

I just did the NW Reef, Rays, and Starfish tour last Friday. It was great! There were 12 of us and they made sure we all got plenty of time with the sting rays and let us take as many pictures as we wanted with our cameras. They did take plenty of pictures with their camera as well and then showed them to us on a laptop and told us the whole CD would be $40 (for the pictures of everyone in our group). We did not feel any pressure to buy but since their pictures were so good, and ours weren't as good, we decided to buy the disk. Disk + tour package was still cheaper than cruise line's excursion and we got much more time, space, and personal attention.

One point if you do the Reef and Rays tour: They told us if we were intersted they would drop us off at 7 Mile Beach after the tour. We never told them we would like to take advantage of this option and we were all talking in the bus/van on the ride back and before we realized it, we were back at our starting point. While we would have gone to the beach had they made a stop and asked, we were also happy to have the time to walk around near the port so we didn't say anything. If you do want to be dropped off at 7 mile beach, tell Eldon, or whoever is driving you, just to be sure he stops.

Archived